Radian and Wookong M set up with S Bus on one Single S Bus Rx

Hi Guys,
This is Regarding setting up of Radians and Wookong M for One Pilot operation with Futaba 8FG SUPER which i have just purchased.
1. Starting a new thread, as i am just not able to find what i am looking for, and i know i will need lots of help, and discussion.
2. I have got the JR so that the second pilot can take over the cam mount as soon as he switches on the Radio, cause the Sat Rx is attached to the First Radian (PAN)
3. I have now purchased the Futaba 8FG Super , which in S Bus mode has 14 channels, and i would need most of them for single pilot operation. so that i have Mode and Tilt control of Cam Mount from my 8FG Tx and also fly the Hex copter with the same 8FG Radio.
4. This is cause i have a HEX with Wookong-M , and CineStar 3 Axis cam mount with Radians, and both have S Bus input ports.
5. So now the issue is how do i set up the whole thing for one pilot operation, with Hex copter and Radians operating with one S Bus Rx
6. One thing i can make out is that if i first send the S Bus output from Rx to Wookong M then there is no output port from where i can send cable to the first Radian.
7. Second is that if i send S Bus output from Rx to Radians first... then there is a output available at last Radian which is Tilt Radian, which can be sent to Wookong M , BUT, i feel that when the second pilot puts on his JR radio... there will be no output available from last Radian to Wookong, and i would loose control of Wookong from my Futaba radio
8. So am i right in thinking, that if i put a S BUS HUB at output of S Bus from Rx... then the S Bus signals go to Radians and Hex copter from the HUB. and i can then assign channels as necessary for MODE and Tilt of cam mount,,,, and MODE and Fail Safe and IOC etc for Wookong M.
9. So if No 8 is correct, how do i do the set up... cause although i can open the Radian Stablizer set up window and the Wookong Assistant set up window on my PC simultaneously, will the channel assignments take place. OR do i open one set up window at a time and assign channels.
10. Presently i am mortally scared to hook up everything, in case i bust something.. each Radian is a whopping $ 350... then add shipping and Customs duty........
11. Has anyone done a set up from one Radio with S Bus to control the Wookong M and also the Radians, in a One Pilot Operation from Single Rx S Bus output
12. Lastly, my apologies for such a long start of a discussion, but tried to put my chain of thought together, so that someone can tell me which paragraph Numbers above r correct and which will not work...
Thanks in advance
Really hope someone is out there
Ramesh Tahlan

Hi Ollieleven,
u just caught me with my hands full
after getting back home,, i was bed ridden with a severe lower back pain... finally recovered .. .almost
Got down to do the set up with S Bus on both machines
Yesterday i finished with the Wookong M set up on S Bus after putting a hub at the Rx S Bus output.
so one output from Hub to Wookong M set up complete...
It is now 8:40 am here...
so in a while will get down to setting up the other line from Hub to Radians.
Will put up the results for sure today as soon as i can crack it or it cracks me...
cheers
Ramesh.

hi again
Just spent the last 2 hours + on trying to set up the Radians with the other output of SBus Hub... NO LUCK.
I has already programmed ch 1 to 8 for the Wookong M on S Bus
So this was my set up for Radians which did not work
ch 9 - Mode for Roll and Tilt Radians
and for Tilt Radian.... Ch 10 for Slew and Ch 11 for Click
THIS HAS NOT WORKED.
But what did happen in fact is that the mode for Radians seems to operate on the Gear channel no matter how many times i tried reprogramming....
Now just wondering if i should redo the WKM set up in such a manner that i get at lest three high channels free for Radian
I did read somewhere... that the Radians work only on the high channels... meaning ch 1 to 8
so i could try this now and hope the WKM does not default its Mode to a ch of its choice and clash with the Radians
Ch1 to 4 have no choice but to use as the flying controls for WKM
Ch 5 for Radian Mode and assign any sw to it
ch 6 Tilt Slew
and then for WKM use ch 7 onwards for Mode. IOC, fail safe, Click ... etc.
as these are all switched functions
SO
here goes...
and i have an assignment on Sunday
if nothing works.
will carry two radios for single pilot operations
cheers
ramesh tahlan

Hi Ollieleven
okey... here is the problem
WKM has IOC default to Ch 5 and Radians have Mode default to Ch 5 also
So impossible to have a one pilot operation.
Unless Radian guys can come up with a software which allows default to be changed to a channel of choice
And using two Rx bind with one Tx cannot work also... Cause again with both default to Ch 5 ,,, its a dead end
End of Story.
Hope someone from Radians is reading this forum
The only way out for single pilot operation is to take two radios.
Fly WKM with one radio
and leave the other radio for Radians on the ground.. cause at best once in a while u will want to tilt the cam for a particular click or a video.
And in any case for a two pilot operation... it just does not matter,, the second pilot just picks up the second Tx and operates it
So looks like i will be going with two Tx every time
cheers
ramesh tahlan

Hi Ollieleven
finally got it
i have programmed Radians on my Futaba 8FG
using S bus hub at Rx
and took one line to Radians
I have used ch 9, 10 and 11 for the radians
Perfect
Made two mistakes and that is why was having problems
Dont click "Off unless using Spectrum"
and programme Radians one by one with no servos etc connected to it
SO
now to see if everything will work together
the WKM and Radains
WKM is on chs 1 to 8
so just have to hook up and check.
regards
Ramesh Tahlan
\

jonesjj

I am thinking of getting the new 14SG and using Radians with my Naza set up so this is very helpful what you are doing and waiting to see how it works out, I am a one person operation so I need everything to work off of one TX.

I also have an Airtronics 10G radio that I was thinking of trying to use but I have not found many that are using the 10G with multirotor.

Hi Ollieleven
finally got it
i have programmed Radians on my Futaba 8FG
using S bus hub at Rx
and took one line to Radians
I have used ch 9, 10 and 11 for the radians
Perfect
Made two mistakes and that is why was having problems
Dont click "Off unless using Spectrum"
and programme Radians one by one with no servos etc connected to it
SO
now to see if everything will work together
the WKM and Radains
WKM is on chs 1 to 8
so just have to hook up and check.
regards
Ramesh Tahlan
\

Hi Ramesh

I had to re think as now using 3 axis radian so can't have wire from wookong any more as the bottom spins independently now.

So i now have 2 Sbus RX now bound to 1 Futaba T8FG. one for the copter one for the gimbal. This alows me to have full control over everything from 1 radio. But I also have a Spektrum Satellite Rx attached to the radian. So when my camera operator turns on the Spektrum radio it overrides the Futaba RX on the Gimbal for dual operator control. We are just finishing up this set up so will let you know how it goes.
Cheers

Olli

Olli
that is great
What i have done is that there is just one wire of S Bus coming from multicopter to the cam mount
and yes.. if i do too may rotations it gonna wrap around..
have bought one more Futaba Rx
so one of these days will change over the cam operation for single pilot with my second S Bus Rx.. have already done the binding
have to only install it
And for two pilot operation for Radians,,, how many ch Tx r u planning to use for the Spectrum radio.
cause u do want stick control for pan and tilt
so on what channels have u been able to get that on Spectrum radio
Ramesh

Last edited by a moderator: