Iphone Vibration app review

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Some of you have mentioned the use of an app, which I am going to assume is called Vibration by Diffraction Limited Design LLC? it's $4.99. Anyways, I am just curious to hear some more reliable uses for detecting motor/prop vibes. I find it hard to believe an iphone app could be sensitive enough to accurately diagnose this but if it really does work, I think this could be an invaluable tool for getting rid of those jitters.

thanks

Yuri

I was able to fine tune my Octo way beyond what I could have done without the app. Even the free app worked great, but the paid app has a few features that are nice, like logging.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Wow! Amazing how sensitive that is. Makes me realize how much these controllers have to deal with to get smooth flight. Thanks.

I got the free iSeismoneter also. It is extremely sensitive, in fact I was worried it was to sensitive and will peg on any running of the motors. I haven't tried it yet, but for the price you can't really go wrong!

janoots2

I've been using it to develop some vibration dampers for a camera tray. It's very sensitive. Check out the results I've been getting:

urahuzuv.jpg

Raw vibration:
tuteve5a.jpg

Vibration with my Dampers:
y4udy3uh.jpg

I still have a bunch of testing to do, but they look very promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

janoots2

How bad would it suck if you lost your craft with your iPhone attached...then again you could track it down with "Find iPhone"....hmmmmm. Would be great feature for Dji(or any other FC w/ gps) to put into the app they're releasing soon.

That would suck. The only thing worse than losing my iPhone would be losing my iPad,and only thing worse Than losing my iPad would be losing my F550!! LOL