Help me plz !!!

Hello evey one
I m Ahmed Assaggaf from Yemen
i m beiggner photographer who still need more to learn ,
i want use ur experince on Aerial photography
as i intend to buy helicopter for my Sony nex7 camera , i have also Canon 5d.
i has no experince about helicopter so it is diffecult to me to choise one.
Can you Help me plz....

Thank u so much

Oh Great idea ^_^ thank u so much for this information Benjamin Rowland
i have like this toy , i use it for year before to learn how control it , i will continue learning coz will different with weight of camera and sensitivty of movment
thank u

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Ahemd,

if you feel comfortable flying and want to spend the money. The question is for which cam you want to go first. There is a significant difference between taking up a Nex and a Canon 5d. My advice would be to start with a F550 http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/flame-wheel-multi-rotor/features/ and build it up with some extensions and gimbal for the NEX 7. If you want to additionally go for the canon 5d later to take it into the air, you can use the flight control, either the Naza or WKM for your next build.

The difference in taking up a nex and a canon 5d in costs will be a couple grand.

Coming back to the f550 extensions like these are available http://aerialmediapros.com/store/index.php/dji-innovations-accessories-for-s800-and-f550-c-25_39 and stuff like the camera gimbal you if you take the a v200 for example you can also use on your later build.

You really have to read into all of this though no one can answer all you question or set you up with the right gear.

You also have to ask yourself if you want to take stills or do video etc.

The recommendation above is more for still with you nex7.

Boris

Oh Great ideas Boriss , i think i should learn well before buy ^_^ ur recommendation too so logic and good , thank u for ur great coopration

ya Matweli hehehe it is Baby steps ,
sorry for disturbing u all
i know u all professors on this stuff
but on my country it is maybe first time some one of photographer want use this Technique
i appreciate ur answers for me and i hope can do my best with learning from ur experionce

thank u so much all ^_^

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
The links you gave are copters based on MK technology. Its good technology but will be a even steeper learning curve for you. Better is to stick to enclosed FC platforms like the DJI stuff. Things more or less work out of the box GPS hold Altitude hold etc. more user friendly sort of.

Get yourself a http://www.kopterworx.com/Cooming-Soon/DJI-Phantom-RTF

you can learn all the features GPS altitude hold, fly with leveling flying manual etc. put on a go pro see what you can do with it etc. More or less of the DJI system and then you can go for the bigger birds.

Whats your RC experience can you solder do you now the basic or wiring things etc ?

Boris

no i has no exprince about solder or others.

is DJI-Phantom-RTF can use Vuzix Wrap 1200 Video Eyewea . or i can show what directly see from above by secreen or something ? tell me how i can do it plz with this DJI-Phantom-RTF
and if i can improve the time of flight coz 10 minutes short a bit .
thank u for ur help

DennyR

I would get the phantom and a gopro. The difficult work is done for you and you can start getting results right away. It will be the cheapest in the long run.

ChrisViperM

I would get the phantom and a gopro. The difficult work is done for you and you can start getting results right away. It will be the cheapest in the long run.

+1 on that recommendation...

But don't make the mistake and buy it where you get the best price.....look for a shop which is also giving you good support after the sale. In advertising and on YouTube everything looks so easy and simpel, but reality will teach you different.

To become successful in this hobby you have to learn (and understand) quiet a few things from different fields:

1) Receiver/transmitter systems to fly your copter

2) Battery technologie (LiPo's, chargers, connectors, safety, storage, C-rating, amperage......)

3) Video transmission technology (Frequencies, HDMI-converters, antennas, range.....)

4) Electrics (most of the frustrations in the RC hobby comes from the lack of knowledge with electrical connections)

5) Motors, propellers, ESC's (there are countless combinations avalible....)

6) Flight Controllers (first you need to find out what a Flight Controller is supposed to do, than you can compare different Flight Controllers - DJI Naza or Wookong, Hoverfly, Zerouav.....)

7) Different configurations of Multicopters (Quad, Hexa, Octo.....)

8) Camera Gimbals (different technical aspects of Gimbals, Gimbal stabilization....)

10) ..........

11) ..........

At the beginning you will just see a huge mountain of knowledge you don't have (at the moment), but if you try to get your knowledge in a structured way, the sooner you will see light at the end of the tunnel. It is not possible to give you any advice about what equipment you should buy unless you have an basic understanding of all these things. Ask 10 people about the "best" transmitter, and you will get 6 different suggestions for transmitters....it all depends what you NEED, and that is something you have to find out first.

Get the Phantom (as denny suggested) - from a dealer with a good service reputation - to have some fun in the meantime...and at the same time get a solid knowledge base. The internet (and obviously this great forum) are a wealth of information....just waiting for you.

The main thing is: JUST DON'T GIVE UP.....

PS: I did a search on Wikipedia for "Yemen" (I have to admit that I did not know anything about your home country) and it was really interesting to read about your part of the world.....you guys certainly don't have a problem with bad weather for flying.... :tennis:

All the best

Chris

Oh thank u very much for ur truely advice ChrisViperM , i really appricate ur paitent to write all this for me ^_^ ,
i invate u to visit my country it is So Old and wonderful place u never ever see on ur life ^_^
and all fourm memebrs too

ChrisViperM

Thank you for the invitation, I might come to your place one day....I've been in Dubai (tourist trap) and Oman, but never in Yemen.....it is sure a nice place to visit.

Keep well

Chris