So you finally ordered a NAZA, now what???

Tahoe Ed

Motors 1 and 3 should run counter clockwise and 2 and 4 clockwise. You can change the direction of the motors by switching two of the esc wires. It does not matter which ones.

bensid54

One thing to remember is make sure the controller and number one motor line up properly then make sure the motor rotation is correct. I learned this from my first flip over when I was one arm out from controller mounting alignment.

gruardian388

After buying you play with the assistance software on your computer to get the feel for it, Then you go grab your radio and try to program it with all the functions you want. At the end of all this you realized that it will not matter in till you have the system in your hands and install on the aircraft. The rest of the time you are waiting and carefully mapping out all the routes your carrier takes to deliver packages and watching for tracking updates. Thinking to yourself why you didn't splurged on the next day delivery. :highly_amused:

You spend the rest of the time watching youtube videos on your purchased. Well this is what I am doing right now, Thursday cannot come any quicker! lol

Now excused me, time to clean the shop out. :)

having trouble setting failsafe modes for my dx6. i would like it to go to failsafe mode when i turn the transmitter off but i cannot seem to figure i out i have the gouge open and trying to decipher it myself but i can't seem to figure out how to bing the transmitter for failsafe mode.... any help would be appreciated. using dx6 aux1 is flight modes and gear is set for my retracts.

bensid54

Check out where you buy your radio equipment and receivers the receivers they sell will inform you if they are failsafe, otherwise the sellers will say nothing about failsafe. I would go into the online manual of the receiver you are planning on buying to find out if the receiver is failsafe it normally tells you how to set up failsafe in the instructions.

Check out where you buy your radio equipment and receivers the receivers they sell will inform you if they are failsafe, otherwise the sellers will say nothing about failsafe. I would go into the online manual of the receiver you are planning on buying to find out if the receiver is failsafe it normally tells you how to set up failsafe in the instructions.

so i have got everything working properly with failsafe activated automatically with signal loss. had to upgrade the receiver to one that has preset failsafe on all channels.... not just the throttle channel as the ar610 did.
this helped out a little bit. also here is a list of spektrum receivers that are capable of a preset failsafe on all channels. AR7000 AR7010 AR7110 AR7610 AR8000 AR9020 AR12020 tricky thing is is that not all of the models have the failsafe defined in the user guide, although they are fully capable. i went with the ar7610... only 80 bucks at the local shop.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i didn't watch the whole video, did he program a failsafe switch to mix with the flight mode switch or did he just use one of the mode positions as failsafe?
the proper way, imho, to set it up would be to have the three flight modes (manual, ATTI, GPS) on the three position switch and then another switch that mixes with the mode channel to trigger the NAZA's failsafe.

i didn't watch the whole video, did he program a failsafe switch to mix with the flight mode switch or did he just use one of the mode positions as failsafe?
the proper way, imho, to set it up would be to have the three flight modes (manual, ATTI, GPS) on the three position switch and then another switch that mixes with the mode channel to trigger the NAZA's failsafe.
The only part I pulled from the video was to rebind with fail safe triggered. I also mixed in a mode switch to be able to trigger all 4 modes man atti gps and fs

bensid54

Boy what a pain I'll give you guys credit you saw it through and made it work with Spektrum, I have to admit setting up a Futaba is so much simpler but then again I think Futaba and Naza are in bed together which would be why Naza is so user friendly with Futaba.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Boy what a pain I'll give you guys credit you saw it through and made it work with Spektrum, I have to admit setting up a Futaba is so much simpler but then again I think Futaba and Naza are in bed together which would be why Naza is so user friendly with Futaba.
Don't know about Futaba (never used one) but after reading lots of posts and watching lots of vids to get me started, I'd say the Taranis is just as much at home with the Naza. I mean, the flexibility and options are unreal (and dizzying!).

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

i'm trying to get a DJI A2 to talk to my JR receiver via a ZeroUAV s-BUS encoder!! Not happening yet and I have no way to know if the encoder is even speaking S-BUS, it was a hand-me-down from @SleepyC ! Might have to buy a Futaba S-Bus encoder today so I at least know I have a working unit.