Naza M Spektrum DX8 callibration problems - going crazy!

Willma

Hello!

I have just built a QAV 500 and have been having problems calibrating my DX8 with the Naza M. The first time I tried it worked fine and I was excited about getting the first test hover on the go!

But then I unplugged it and tried again, this time was very different. The dials were jumping around all over the place! I tried unplugging/pluggin back in re starting the computer trying another transmitter AND receiver. I can't think of any other options.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's starting to drive my crazy!

Thanks Will

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
In the TX Calibration, make sure your set to Traditional unless your using PPM or S-BUS/D-BUS. Most will be Traditional setup.

Willma

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your responses.

Here's some footage of my problems:

Here's my set up and the things I have tried:

The Naza is soldered onto the QAV 500 frame powered by a 4S Lipo, when powered up it just flashes re and shows the CFG-ERR(8) error. The error show to recalibrate but
I have binded the DXI and AR8000 on another model with works fine.
When I connect it to the computer the dials fly all over the place.

When I first connected to the computer it worked straight away, then for some reason I switched it all off and back on then the dials were jumping all over the place from then on.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

So you're saying it has set up and calibrated successfully previously but when re-connected to the PC it went bananas. I would be inclined to re-install/upgrade the NAZA's firmware. Dave

Tahoe Ed

Also, I don't know how long you have had your Dx8 but HH did have a recall on this Tx. I had one that displayed a similar issue in the Naza and had to send it back to HH for a reflash. It worked fine after that.

The configuration error 8 is just that the Tx is not calibrated. When you finished the calibration, did you power cycle the Naza? That means disconnect the flight cell and unplug the usb cable. Then repower the Naza and reconnect the usb. If you did not follow those steps you probably need to recalibrate your Tx then properly power cycle the Naza.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale UK

That problem looks to me like a Tx to Rx binding fail/error.

Without writing 'war & Peace 2' on the possibilities - I suggest you concentrate on the binding process - even referring back to the manual to follow correct step-by-step procedure in case you've lodged an incorrect binding procedure in your mind!? (sure we've all been there at some time - usually after realising we start talking to ourselves - beginning with some serious swear words!)

What happens when you click the on screen 'calibrate' button?

Dale UK

Deanneat

I think Dale is spot on
Mine did the same - worked the first time, then did what yours is doing

rebind it twice - and make sure you rebind it the second time for failsafe mode (40% throttle - allows a soft landing if you ever lose signal) - have a good read of the DX8 instructions

mine is working beautiful now :)