DJI Retractable Landing gear Travel Calibration

Zzr

I just got DJI RLG a few days ago. I'm done assembly it. Set it up for Travel calibration how to procedure? Hold press the SET button while then power on then RELEASE the button then see led flashes yellow quickly then press the SET button once again? auto Calibrated.
Thanks in advance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fbwJ85ZE8
6:25

ChrisViperM

When I got my landing gear, I followed the DJI procedure....over and over again and had no luck. It just didn't do the calibration. Took the whole damn thing apart, soldered new cables, checked everything over and over again...and was close to smash that thing against the wall.
BUT THEN I realised that the switch on the transmitter has to be in the "legs down" position to trigger the calibration....if the switch is in the "legs up" position, the calibration does not initialize....but you wouldn't know because the legs are down at the beginning of the calibration.
Now it's working perfectly, but I felt like "Dumb and Dumber" for a couple of days....

Chris

Zzr

It made you have a hard time cuz instruction manual SUCKS. I followed both manual and youtube procedure. The switch on the transmitter (legs down position) One step procedure (calibration system) Chapter on youtube time 5:45. It's working perfectly "Green solid" but I'm not sure about (The introduction of led indicator on control board) on youtube time 6:25. Should I have set it up for calibration on two step?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fbwJ85ZE8

When I got my landing gear, I followed the DJI procedure....over and over again and had no luck. It just didn't do the calibration. Took the whole damn thing apart, soldered new cables, checked everything over and over again...and was close to smash that thing against the wall.
BUT THEN I realised that the switch on the transmitter has to be in the "legs down" position to trigger the calibration....if the switch is in the "legs up" position, the calibration does not initialize....but you wouldn't know because the legs are down at the beginning of the calibration.
Now it's working perfectly, but I felt like "Dumb and Dumber" for a couple of days....

Chris

HEX junky

The retractable legs come per-calibrated. The manual states to skip the calibration if the servos are pre-installed
Why are you calibrating from new?

Zzr

I followed first youtube procedure. I did calibrated for "calibration system" but I didnt calibrated for "calibration travel" Should I calibration travel again cuz calibration system?

The retractable legs come per-calibrated. The manual states to skip the calibration if the servos are pre-installed
Why are you calibrating from new?

Zzr

girthquake,
I never tried to use RTH mode before. I haven't fly my s-800 with new RLG since two weeks. I will try to fly this weekend. Hope someone help you how to figure it out for RTH mode with RLG up to come down.

Have any of you successfully set your RLG up to come down when you enter RTH mode?

Tahoe Ed

If you have a receiver with preset failsafe, I don't see why you could not have the retracts come down upon loss of signal.