DJI Will Release iPad Ground Station and iPhone WKM Assistant Software

1、Support iPad Ground Control Station (GCS)

WooKong-M GCS now supports iPad, you only need to plug a Bluetooth datalink. Gone are the days with heavy laptop, now you don’t need to install maps and drivers, forget about the Windows OS version compatibility problems, nor worry about the Google Earth. Without the long cables, it is easier for you to control the aircraft with your ground station just like playing a game on your iPad. More-over the fashion UI of the iPad Waypoint will be another highlight.

http://youtu.be/3GAsX3aUWXk

2、 New Assistant Software for Mobile Phone

The WooKong-M now provides assistant software for iPhone (iPhone 4S and higher version or iPad3). You can use mobile phone to do parameter adjustment at any time, only use a Bluetooth-USB module which makes it easier and convenient. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Clouds Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your cell phone.
It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your cell phone. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link.

http://youtu.be/5kgylIrwVF0

Last edited by a moderator:

WooKong-M GCS now supports iPad, you only need to plug a Bluetooth datalink. Gone are the days with heavy laptop, now you don’t need to install maps and drivers, forget about the Windows OS version compatibility problems, nor worry about the Google Earth. Without the long cables, it is easier for you to control the aircraft with your ground station just like playing a game on your iPad. More-over the fashion UI of the iPad Waypoint will be another highlight.

The WooKong-M now provides assistant software for iPhone (iPhone 4S and higher version or iPad3). You can use mobile phone to do parameter adjustment at any time, only use a Bluetooth-USB module which makes it easier and convenient. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Clouds Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your cell phone.
It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your cell phone. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link.

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
I would love to be able to recallibrate the Naza-M with this tool or something similar. I guess you would need an iPxx compatible USB cable or USB-Bluetooth module.

VINHEX

Looks a lot like the AR-DRONE setup, no thanks on flying with it, had an AR-DRONE for fun thing flew off on its own all the time.. Would be nice to use as a map setup option though..

JG-rn

DJI Released iPad Ground Station and iPhone WKM Assistant Software

So the assistant software works on an iPhone but not on an iPad?

Dewster

I'm really excited about the iPhone blue tooth data assistant. Changing the setting will be faster than booting up my 8 year old laptop.

Kilby

Please tell me that they have actually submitted this to Apple and have it approved for the App Store. Otherwise, it will require a jailbreak and will be useless for 95% of the people that want it.

Can anyone confirm? It's not in the app store as of yet which makes me wonder.

HEX junky

I'm sure DJI are doing this through the App Store, and if I was them I would also charge for it. To get some of the development costs back.
it normally takes a week or two for the product to actually appear after DJI release it. So let's see.

Kilby

I hope so, but other companies have done that before. I believe that Zero UAV released a jailbreak only iPhone app for their ground station.

hexa

I'm sure DJI are doing this through the App Store, and if I was them I would also charge for it. To get some of the development costs back.
it normally takes a week or two for the product to actually appear after DJI release it. So let's see.

Ain't dji making more than enough money already.
Why charge for an app when folks will be buying the modules.

Not every one is rich like you.
some of us have to starve our selves for weeks and months just to buy a wkm so we can enjoy just a little bit of what life has on offer.

There's this lil term that they teach in Oxford university under business studies which goes
''Some time you give freely to receive 10 times the amount that was given''

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plingboot

charging would be a royal fail imho, the app will be useless without dji hardware and we're all going to be paying for that, so there's no need for profiteering at both ends.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
3k on Bluetooth don't see that can be right... More like 100m

If that much... I have the YS-X6 that had this capability from day 1 over wifi which is much longer range than bluetooth, I could never get much more than maybe 20 to 30 meters before it would drop the connection while in flight. Just about all the bluetooth stuff I've ever used had a range of maybe 10 meters, certainly not much more than that. 900 mHz & 2.4 gHz data modems are really the only way to get any decent distance with a reliable connection and for that you need a laptop/netbook if you expect to use it in flight over any realistic distance.

I've now used my Android phone for setup and configuration of the YS-X6 and more recently for a few Multiwii flight controllers and while it can be useful for quick parameter changes it's not good for much more than that. A tablet with decent size screen would be better but I'm still not sure how useful it would be without a good long distance connection capability. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have one of the new generation Windows 8 tablet hybrids in my hands, would be nice to be able to run the same standard programs I use on the laptop on it and be able to connect to the various flight controllers I have with remote ground stations.

Ken

Dewster

If that much... I have the YS-X6 that had this capability from day 1 over wifi which is much longer range than bluetooth, I could never get much more than maybe 20 to 30 meters before it would drop the connection while in flight. Just about all the bluetooth stuff I've ever used had a range of maybe 10 meters, certainly not much more than that. 900 mHz & 2.4 gHz data modems are really the only way to get any decent distance with a reliable connection and for that you need a laptop/netbook if you expect to use it in flight over any realistic distance.

I've now used my Android phone for setup and configuration of the YS-X6 and more recently for a few Multiwii flight controllers and while it can be useful for quick parameter changes it's not good for much more than that. A tablet with decent size screen would be better but I'm still not sure how useful it would be without a good long distance connection capability. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have one of the new generation Windows 8 tablet hybrids in my hands, would be nice to be able to run the same standard programs I use on the laptop on it and be able to connect to the various flight controllers I have with remote ground stations.

Ken
yep...Bluetooth doesn't transmit that far. Wifi is probably better for distance, but this is just to wirelessly change flight parameters. I would adjust gain settings for different wind conditions etc. It would be nice to actually receive flight data...... hmmm..... Maybe a blue tooth module that actually can transmit a long distance so that the phone could receive and analyze flight data.