"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Class of '99". -Baz Luhrmann

webcrafter

Hello group,

My name is Brian and recently joined multirotorforums.com. Originally, I’m from New England, but have been living and working in Austin, TX for the last 9 years. I work for a consulting firm as a change and configuration management software engineer. So, what the heck is that? Basically, it’s just a long name for an air traffic controller of sorting out java code J

From this online experience, I’m hoping to gain a better understanding of, the latest AP technologies, sUAS Systems, Aerial Videography, and Gimbal Stabilization. Learning to fly a multirotor is only part of the whole according to some folks. Understanding builds and architecture, systems, and the larger picture in general is my long term goal.

Been in the RC field since I was 8-9yrs old. My first RC experience was building a 1/8 scale Kyosho Vanning AWD chain driven platform at around the ripe age of 10. That proved successful but not to forget the towering learning curve a 9 yr. old could face. Google and RC blogging grps were not viable resources at the time. On another note, I can clearly remember asking different family members for a ride to buy glow fuel. I then would enter the hobby shop looking for ~10-20% nitromethane. I remember grabbing the attention of lots of fellow RC folks asking “why is this little kid wanting nitro?”

Over the past year or so I have been assisting as a camera radio man for a couple multirotor crafts, esp. CINESTAR 6 + 8 outfits. I recently built a DJI F-550 and S800 with Zenmuse w/ WOOKONG-M & DJI 900MHz DATALINK, ZENMUSE GIMBAL for GH2.DJI iOSD, FUTABA 8FG Super and 2.4GHz 1.3 Ghz FPV.

Cheers
-Brian