Finally No Flashing White Lights on my S800

So I flew today. Didn't push it but didn't take it easy either. Finally flew the entire time without any Bad Atti 3 Flash White Lights. So Excited. I had to reposition my IMU. It appeared to be touching the top plate and I'm sure that the extra vibration was causing all of the problems. Here is some video that I'm sure you'll love. It's of a Vacant Lot, a Portalet and my home. Practice makes perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFOXtXw1Os

jhardway

you know I was about to start a post saying the same on some of my recent flights, I have not had any white lights since getting my compasses back. I am not flying the 800 but I have a f550 with avroto motors, and 11 inch props. With that said I could not fly with out seeing any white lights. I hope it stays this way.

cheers

Benchmark

Funny enough i also solved my own bugs just a few days ago. I took the GPS disc off the 10 cm pole stand and placed it directly on my roll cage . The new position in exactly above my IMU ,just about 8 cm above it. I now have full GPS lock umder 1 min and no flashing red lights througout the flight once i have locked my satellites within the first 1 min of startup.

We flew at a Golf Course today and I only had one time that the white lights showed up. I believe it was because the loss of Satellite signal. Other than that our S800 flew great. Only real issue remaining is JelloCam.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Dont take this the wrong way but why is the video so shaky and low res at 720p? I thought the Zenmuse wasn't even capable of this. Or maybe you arent using a Zenmuse? It looked pretty good but I guess without a zen you have the issues all the rest of us have in tuning the vibes out.

Dont take this the wrong way but why is the video so shaky and low res at 720p? I thought the Zenmuse wasn't even capable of this. Or maybe you arent using a Zenmuse? It looked pretty good but I guess without a zen you have the issues all the rest of us have in tuning the vibes out.

You are quite correct. I've only been flying the S800 for 3 days now and I'm struggling with the crazy vibration. I posted that video up simply because it was my first flight with no wight lights. I was excited about that. I'm in the process of ordering prop adaptors and new props now. Would love to hear or know about anything you've learned to tune out these crazy vibrations.

You should see the Golf course footage. The jellocam is crazy and I am using a Zenmuse. So frustrating.

"Warning" if Zenmuse JelloCam makes you sick don't watch this...

When you watch this blow it up to full screen so you can see what I'm dealing with. It's no wonder there were white lights and it's amazing that I've been able to limit them so fully. The camera is shaking so much that there is no way for the Zenmuse to take care of it all. My GH2 tries to correct for it as well but there is so much that there is simply no way. Slow flying it is not an issue. low to medium speeds and it becomes ver prominant. The second shot on this demo you can really see it.

What do you think is causing this other than the terrible shake. I've already ordered prop adaptors and different props. Do you think that will take care of the propblem. I've seen video from others and their video does not seem to have a problem at all. Am I just lucky or is this an issue that everyone has and then has to learn how to tune it out?

Blow it up full screen if you can to really see the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQ1IaMo5UM

ChrisViperM

If you are flying the original DJI carbon props.....thats your main problem with vibrations. They are expensive and just useless junk....
The only thing you can do at the moment - until you get your new props - is to try balancing the DJI props as pecisely as you can. If you still have problems with your new props, this would be the next step:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...lternative-props&p=75396&viewfull=1#post75396 check post # 416

http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info.php?products_id=2322&osCsid=66757bafea52e48b9d934d8e6f3660f4

Chris