Naza Compass Calibration issues

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Setup is DJI F450, DJI Naza (no gps).

I am trying to calibrate the magnetic north on the Naza, I have no issues getting into the calibration mode, I rotate it 360 degrees on its horizontal axis and I get the solid green, when I try it on the Vertical axis, I get the rapid red flashes.

This is done outside of my house, no cellphones or metal around me, away from any power lines. Naza ESC outputs are facing the front of the Quad, Naza is centrally mounted to the quad slightly forward and adhered to the bottom plate.

I tried several times to calibrate, but with no luck, I have also tried several different ways with no luck. I can't fly it like this, the unit is extremely unstable and just spins in circles. All trims are centered, sticks calibrated. I have more control with it in manual, but I have never flown a quad before.

I searched around this site and the big ol web, but most information I am finding is about people not getting into calibration mode.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
ahh.... failed to notice that part until you mentioned it. So I wonder why the unit is so unstable? It just wants to spin in circles... I better recheck my motor orientation.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
theres not a lot in the software that will make it spin in circles. Something mechanical going on. Be curious what you find. I just built one for a friend this morning and it flew perfectly the first time. This is the 3rd Naza f450 I have built and I've never had circles before. Has to be props are on wrong. Are you using non dji props, if so are they secure? To state the obvious, every other prop turns the opposite direction. Check actual motor direction as well. Motor 1(front right) is CCW.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Wow, how embarrassing. I took special care when setting the orientation of the motors and blades. It would appear I was out of sequence and I know why, I made a change to the base plate orientation and moved 2 of the arms so my colors was correct, well I guess my #1 motor got moved and I overlooked it.

I can't really do anymore testing tonight as I am still awaiting on my charger, and extra batteries to turn up, it sucks not having an RC store nearby that I can go to.