T = THRO
A = ALE
E = ELVE
R = RUDD
U = GEAR
X1 = AUX1
X2 = AUX2
xx = AUX3 empty

Is the correct with the NAZA output into a AR8000?

DroidJunk

That looks correct. I have my naza mounted center bottom plate on a F450 and it makes it hard to trace. If you are having issues I would be happy to verify.

tmcmurran

That looks correct. I have my naza mounted center bottom plate on a F450 and it makes it hard to trace. If you are having issues I would be happy to verify.

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to wonder if I had something connected wrong since I am not able to get either the motors or servos on the gimble to move. As soon as I connect the battery my gimble pivots straight down and twitches on either axis.

DroidJunk

I will verify the AR8000 a little later and get back with you. Is the gimble setting in Assistant turned on. I recall mine doing that at first too.

DroidJunk

I took some tape off and got a good look. My Gear and Aux1 are reversed from your setup. I really would not think it would make a difference for those two as long as you have it setup in the software and transmitter.

tmcmurran

After a good nights sleep (kinda) I was able to spin up and attempt lift off. Needless to say I still need to fine tune things due to the tip/wondering issues I have now :) But at least we have contact Houston. I was about to be shot by the other half once she found out what I spent on this one :)

DroidJunk

Great!

I am remarried with separate funds (long story). She just shakes her head about how much I spend. :) Hope you have as much fun as I am having.

tmcmurran

Well once I explained that I needed to buy a couple more batteries and now need another board for the Thunderpower lipos she just about hit the roof :) Guess I should not have mentioned that a single lipo cost more than the new battery I just bought for my Jeep! Once I am feeling a little better (just getting over pneumonia) I will take it outdoors for a little more space. The Gaui quad is great for basement flying, but this seems to like a little more space.

DroidJunk

Hahaha... I can see the look you must have received. I am very Lucy and live about 3 blocks from a middle school. There is a good bit of room. I have been night flying. It I so much easier to see with these older eyes. :)

Get well and have some fun. M still a noob, but if I can help let me know.

sopher

I'm trying to setup my TBS disco with the AR8000 and NAZA. Cant get the motors to arm.
At first the AR8000 would keep loosing its bind. I think that's fixed now. Ideas on Arming? I need to verify my trims are all zero.

Bella7821

I'm trying to setup my TBS disco with the AR8000 and NAZA. Cant get the motors to arm.
At first the AR8000 would keep loosing its bind. I think that's fixed now. Ideas on Arming? I need to verify my trims are all zero.

Verify in the software that your rudder and aileron pointer is going just about all the way to the ends.
MY DX8 has the same issue and I recalibrated the DX8 and I can now get the pointers to go almost to the ends.

02deuce

Time Warped
Mine are:
xx = BND/DATA empty
T = THRO
A = ALE
E = ELVE
R = RUDD
U = AUX1 Manual Atti GPS modes (set by pitch curve %)
X1 = GEAR
X2 = AUX2 IOC Control
xx = AUX3 empty