XY8 Co-axial Quad, Mikrokopter, RTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I built this for a friend of mine but he figured out pretty quickly he wouldn't have the time to learn the Mikrokopter Tool software and he asked me if I'd sell it for him. He sent it back to me, I upgraded it to the newer carbon fiber frame plates, test flew it and so here it is for sale. The electronics and motors have about two hours on them and everything works.

The main feature of an XY8 is that the front and rear arms are farther apart than a traditional X quad making photo/video shots without booms or props in the way. You can get this with a Y-6 but the XY8 adds the ability to better survive component failures with the additional motors and improved layout. It's a very compact design and will sit on the backseat of a compact car without any trouble.

The Droidworx HLE landing gear is compatible with the complete AV line of Photo Higher camera gimbals. The spacing for the landing gear mounts matches Droidworx so the PH 360 gimbals will also bolt right on.

A good target max weight for this helicopter is 11 to 14 pounds (I fly mine at about 11.5 pounds) and it can be flown with 2 or 4 battery packs. The pictures show one pack on one side and two packs on the other side. When flying with four packs, packs three and four would go on the top mounting positions. With a PH AV130 mount, a Sony NEX or Panny GH2 it would be fine with 4 packs up to about 92 degrees outside air temp. Above about 92 degrees, the max weight goes down but this would be true for any battery powered helicopter.

View attachment 8275View attachment 8276View attachment 8274

The price is negotiable depending on what you'd like with it. It can be sold as is or with options depending on what you need (camera mount install, radio install, etc.). The Spektrum diversity board in the photos is included.

This is not a good first helicopter or a good option if you're unfamiliar with Mikrokopter. It's a very capable helicopter and I stand behind it 100% but it will be helpful if you have some experience with multi-rotors and familiarity with Mikrokopter.

Please contact me via PM if you're interested and we can try to work something out.

Included with the sale;
  • Custom carbon fiber XY8 Co-axial Quad frame with dome
  • Red LED's under the front arms
  • Low time Tiger 2814 motors
  • Xoar props
  • Droidworx HLE landing gear
  • Mikrokopter ver2.1 flight control

• MK ver 2.0 Navi Control
  • MK ver 2.1 GPS with shield
  • Spektrum diversity board
  • Spares package (one boom, parts for one motor mount, one velcro strap)

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• DSC03998.jpg
    DSC03998.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 529
  • DSC04000.jpg
    DSC04000.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 449
  • DSC04002.jpg
    DSC04002.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 619
Last edited by a moderator:

Very Nice! I wish I was ready for something like that. I just ordered my f550 yesterday. Good luck with the sale! Also I noticed you were in NJ do you belong to a club? pm me if possible

Bartman

Very Nice! I wish I was ready for something like that. I just ordered my f550 yesterday. Good luck with the sale! Also I noticed you were in NJ do you belong to a club? pm me if possible

satttheman,

where do you live? I fly with the 350th Flying Circus in Pohatcong, NJ.

Thanks for the nice comments. I think the heli is going to be listed on ebay and we'll see where it goes. I need to sell it to get parts and stuff lined up to finish development of Rev4 which will be the production version.

Regards,
Bart

Emowillcox

I have one of these and can vouch for the quality Bart puts into his work is amazing first class rig. Who ever gets this rig will be very happy!

ary

Hi Bart,
Im building xy 8 with 2814 motor(inspired by you),
what is your recomendation between HFP/DJI WKM?
I have wkm
Any reason you use wood propeler?

Ary

Ary

Bartman

wood is a natural vibration dampening material and it breaks which helps prevent the motors and arms from being damaged in a crash. the XY8 format has flown with both DJI WKM and Hoverfly PRO for control so I'd just say to use whichever you're more comfortable with. If you have the WKM then go ahead and give it a try.

Have fun,
Bart

Bartman

I was hoping to get more for this but the forces of ebay have spoken. I'll take $1950 for it which is below my reserve price, plus $65 shipping/insurance.

THanks,
Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.