Naza and S-Bus Question.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Could someone correct me if I am wrong, but I can't really find information on the Futaba S-Bus out on my new T8J setup... the Receiver is R2008SB which has the S-Bus under the 8th channel, now I have seen on the DJI Naza M that you can plug in these S-Bus connection.
Would that eliminate the other channel connectors I use? I.E. channels 1 - 7. What I mean is, if I just connect the S-Bus, I can remove all of the other connectors? DJI's info is very week about any of this information.

DesJardins

You're on the right track, I have videos explaining the S.bus channels on an 8FGs. Although different it might get you set-up.

X2 is the S.bus port on the Naza

2BA56E2E-B170-422E-83BF-4E548EDEDD80-1945-000000DC4280FE64.jpg

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Nice, thank you for the reply.. I was wondering about it, but I did not want to start plugging things in where they should not be. I am off to watch your videos :) I know it is not a lot of weight, but removing them connections has to amount to something... Right?

Thanks again.

S.Bus and D.Bus are essentially identical in this case and are both CanBus which is an automative manufacturer's version of Modbus a time based communication protocol. Futaba has a strong industrial presence with their radio controlled overhead crane controls so they know all about CanBus.
Your individual Receiver output channels will still function but will be redundant to S.bus commands from the perspective of your transmitter. Best go with S.bus and leave the others alone to eliminate confusion. I use my last two Receiver channels though to remotely control MC LED landing lights. When GPS flight mode is activated, the landing lights also come on etc.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
S.Bus and D.Bus are essentially identical in this case and are both CanBus which is an automative manufacturer's version of Modbus a time based communication protocol. Futaba has a strong industrial presence with their radio controlled overhead crane controls so they know all about CanBus.
Your individual Receiver output channels will still function but will be redundant to S.bus commands from the perspective of your transmitter. Best go with S.bus and leave the others alone to eliminate confusion. I use my last two Receiver channels though to remotely control MC LED landing lights. When GPS flight mode is activated, the landing lights also come on etc.

Thank you for the follow up on that, I was wondering if the other channels could still be used, and I love the idea of the landing lights. Great write up, and thank you all for the replies.

Benchmark

I run S-Bus on my Wookong with the 8TJ transmitter too. I will soon do likewise on my Naza quad. It sure saves a lot of wire mess.

DesJardins

I love the single wire set-up.
cleeeeeeean & allowed me to leave the top plate alone after making a nice thicker gauge long cable.

53F992F9-FA46-403C-B5C2-D0A0A22EE6D3-6849-000003854850EABE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I love the single wire set-up.
cleeeeeeean & allowed me to leave the top plate alone after making a nice thicker gauge long cable.

53F992F9-FA46-403C-B5C2-D0A0A22EE6D3-6849-000003854850EABE.jpg

I can see in your first post it is an 450, but what is that in your second post? very interesting rig...

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yup!
:0)

It's the TBS Discovery frame that uses the DJI arms...etc
Very nice MR

It looks very nicely laid out, everything including the battery is within the frame. How does it handle?

I just hooked up my S-Bus, little bit on config changes, and it is there. Did you notice any delays in stick actions? all about the same?

Lenny7118

It is nice, I pulled all my cables and just have the one between the receiver and the naza.
So I don't need to connect my 4 esc wires to the Naza ? Also I don't have to connect all those wires that came with the Naza M + GPS except for the GPS wire and the LED indicator wire ?
Just want to make sure!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
So I don't need to connect my 4 esc wires to the Naza ? Also I don't have to connect all those wires that came with the Naza M + GPS except for the GPS wire and the LED indicator wire ?
Just want to make sure!

You still need to connect the ESC's to the Naza, it is just from the Receiver to the Naza that uses the S-Bus connection.

Lenny7118

You still need to connect the ESC's to the Naza, it is just from the Receiver to the Naza that uses the S-Bus connection.
So I will connect all 4 esc's and I don't have to connect all those wires that came with the naza ?
I can't find a pic of the setup, the pic I did find didn't have the esc's connected that's way im confused and the 30 sec video from DJI don't show the entire s bus setup.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
One connection from your receiver to your Naza (S-Bus to X2), 4 out to the ESCs, BEC unit is all that is connected.

Naza_sbus_zps4b26ffa3.jpg

Attachments

• Naza_sbus_zps4b26ffa3.jpg
    Naza_sbus_zps4b26ffa3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 973