Using Futaba channels 1 to 7 when also using S-bus

ROVguy

Hey guys,

I have a querie. Is it possible or recommended to use the servo channels 1 to 7 of the Futaba R6208SB when you are using the S-Bus to connect to your Naza? All flight controls at this moment in time are being run through the S-bus so I have just 1 cable connecting the receiver and Naza, which frees up the Servo ports on the receiver. Id like to make use of these ports if possible for switching on lights, using rcshutter etc. If it is possible how would I go about setting it up? I have the Futaba 8FG Super transmitter, which in combination with the R6208SB can supposedly handle 14 channels.

Thanks in advance for your replies/help.

Rich.

Hi ROVguy
Your receiver is only 8 channel you may be using s-bus but the basic 4 / main flight channels on your radio/receiver are still being used + anything else you might be utilising,that would leave you with possibly 2 free channels for other purposes.

ROVguy

At this moment in time 4 channels are being used for flight controls and I have the Failsafe set 1 switch, GPS/Atti/Man to another switch and IOS set to another switch. Im guess that is 7 channels? As far as I am aware the receiver is 14 channels if used in S-Bus mode.

Hi ROVguy, If I understand this correctly on s-bus you have as many channels available as your radio, but that is only on the s-bus connection (there is only one) which is connected to your Naza.

Futaba R6208SB 8-Channel

Handles eight channels without S.Bus usage or as many as the
available number of channels on transmitter "with S.Bus use"

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

lunarair

I use the same transmitter/receiver as you do. Thought about that too. Apparently PPM channels 1-8 seems to be mirroring S Bus 1-8. So unless DJI decides to let users select their own S Bus channels for FC connection you are sticker with one channel left.

I end up reverting back to the conventional setup just to free ch 6 and 8 for my 2-axis FPV camera mount.

Anyone found any work arounds?

drdrums

I'm not sure how to do it or if it's receiver-specific, but I know you can remap channels in the 8FG radio (it's what I have). This issue has come up with folks who run a flybarless setup via S-Bus and a three channel 6203 receiver, where normally the three channels do mirror the first three S-Bus channels, but they need to add in a switchglo, which needs its own RX channel. There's a way to reprogram channel assignments so that the receiver ports are separated from S-Bus. Go poke around on helifreak.com to find it - I imagine the same programming can work for other applications.

Last edited by a moderator:

drdrums

Update - to accomplish it as the HFfolks do it, the SBus box on the receiver end needs to support remapping. The way it's done used a CGY-750 FBL controller, which supports moving SBus channels around.

To do it with the Naza, as the previous poster said you need an R6303SB (not the R6203) RX, which allows you to remap the two servo ports to different channels, e.g, 9 and 10, or others. program your 8FG to use those channels and you're golden.

Cheshirecat

I had a similar dilema with My Futaba 14SG and 7008SB Receiver with a WK-M the FC was using all 8 Channels via S-Bus and i didn't want to give up either X2 OR X3 on the WK-M for the retracts on my SJX4 so i remapped the conventional receiver ports on the 7008SB so that physical port 1 became channel 9 on the transmitter (Aux1) this is receiver mode D on the 7008SB. 7008 has Modes A,B.C and D
The 6208SB looks like you can map channels 9 Up to the ports (Mode B) its seems to have Modes A and B, works like a charm for me on the 7008 and i was able to set fail safe on the TX so that the retracts come down on singal loss at which point the WK-M goes into RTH Failsafe anyway, Was also able to keep X2 for in flight gains adjustment and X3 For IOC Mode.

6208SB Manual here: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6208sb-manual.pdf

Is that what you wanted to acheive?

boranup

Cheshire - excellent post just the information I was looking for as I have just purchased the 14SG with R7008SB - my plan is to use Sbus2 for the WKM and Sbus1 for the Zenmuse (I was actually just looking to run Sbus too WKM and then free up the other channels using Mode D initially but more reading and things keep getting better) :)

Love nothing more than a super clean setup!!