Turnigy 5000 Mha from HobbyKing for DJI 550?

I've been flying my DJI 550 for a few weeks now using the 2 Pulse 6600 mHa 4S batteries I have. (1 at a time) These cost me $129.00 each. They are heavy batteries.

I get about 10 minutes flying time with a total weight of about 5 lb, ~2260 grams (aerial photography w GoPro)

I want a couple more batteries to have on hand. I was looking at the Turnigy 5000 Mha 4 S batteries from HobbyKing which seem like a good price.

Wanted to hear from anyone who has used the Turnigy 5000 mHa 4S and what are your thoughts on that battery.

BTW fast charge rates are not super critical to me. I'm still a but confused by the C rating.

I'd rather pay more for a good batteries than risk problems with a cheap batteries.

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations for a good set of batteries for my DJI 550.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Pelted

I don't have exact experience with the 5000 Mha battery, but I have been using a couple of the 4S 4000 batteries and have had excellent performance from them on my quad. I basically have been running two charges a day on them, and a few on weekends. Fly, charge, fly. They have not even gotten warm on me in the last nearly month of working them like this.

As for C rating, there are several posts on that, but the simple thing is charge a 5000 Mha battery a 5 amps. That is 1C. Youtube is not working for me at the moment but there is a decent video that very clearly explains this and made it super clear for me. When I can get to my playlist I will post the link for you.

EDIT: Here is one of the video links

Last edited by a moderator:

Pelted

Jim, yes mine are the Turnigy nano-tech 4000 mAh 4S. A few folks around here have expressed distaste for the nano-tech batteries but I've yet to find any consensus and these have been great and worked pretty hard lately.

Turnigy lipos have a great price/quality value. I'm using some of them for over 3 years still working great after 400 charge cycles.

Jackella

My Turnigys fly well and plenty of cycles each..Great prices..GensAce good packs also but a touch more expensive..