WKM +GPS Solid white light at boot

jayfrost

Hello all, I recently picked up a used F550 that already had a WKM + GPS installed. After running through initial checks, i powered on the bird and everything appeared great. I flew maybe a dozen flights and the WKM was acting like it should. A few days ago, i large wind gust blew my F550 into tree branch and it fell about 5 feet. Nothing broke except a single prop. I replace the prop, and was flying again a few minutes later. The next day, it took the F550 out for a spin and noticed when I powered it on, it simply lit up with the solid white LED. I unplugged the battery and still got the same result on the next power up. I unhooked all the wiring leading the the GPS and let it sit overnight. The next day I plugged everything back together but still had the same results.

After researching the solid white light, it appears that it means calibration finished. I have tried going into calibration mode, but cannot tell as when I try the commands on my Transmitter (DX8) it doesnt change the solid white light at all. Can anyone provide any insight as to why when I boot I get a solid white light.

I have also tried flying the f550 during this time, and it appears to be working fine as I switch from Manual to Attit to GPS.

I hope someone can help me with this. I am fairly new so please take it easy on me.

Thanks,

Jason

VINHEX

Hi, could be that the LED is faulty.. Depending if could have some impact when crashed. I had a LED go on me, not through a crash just packed up. When I went into calibration mode all the lights went off..

If you flick the switches back and forth to go into calibration the first colour sould be blue Hor, then Green, Ver then white when completed.

Hope it all works out