Motor stopped on WKM 5.14

pokmon

I hawe two identical crashes. Hexacopter flies without problems. On 50 meters of height, it howers for about 6-7 minutes, and then I the hexa starts flying towards the ground. After about 5 seconds one of the motors shuts down. The hexa becomes unresponsive. Even the "Course lock" option dosen't help. A hard landing is imminent…
We pick up the hexa and turn off/on the power. All of the engines work… Then i take off and the hexa works and hower like nothing happened.

With older firmware I don´t have any problems!!
I don't have the guts to fly with a hexa like this…
icon8.png

My setup:

Hexacopter X6
WookongM / firmware 5.14
Motor 6x Turnigy PropDrive 35-36/910 Kv
ESC 6x DJI 30A Opto
Prop APC 12x3,8
Battery 2 pack, 4S 5000 mAh
Video TX 5.8 Ghz, 600 mV
Camera Canon 550D
Total weight aprox 4.500 g

icon-status-online.png

snurre

Sorry to hear about the drone rain.

So, do you have the old or new GPS?
(With reference to the GPS firmware bug recently announced by DJI).

Dewster

Man...confidence level going down. I built a Y6 hoping for redundancy in case I lose a prop (last crash) or motor/ESC. I did have one strange occurrence while my craft was in RTH mode. It was windy and my Y6 yawed 45 degrees to the left. It still tracked straight home and later corrected the nose orientation. Reading about Flips of Death etc. made me wonder if it was a motor shutting down under the firmware or some kind of glitch that would have resulted in a crash if my craft was not a Y6. This happened on my second flight after building my Y6. I haven't had any similar problems since the last episode. This is with the old style GPS.