Naza GPS dx6i help!

So I get it about how to set up for a 3rd switch on my dx6i..what I don't get is how to get my compass calibrate if I don't want my switch to be in Manuel mode...I want smart fail safe on my 3rd switch...do I set it up in the assistant as man.att.gps...then do the compass calibrate then go back into the assistant and turn off the Manuel and set to smart failsafe so I get attitude gps and REturn to home??????? So lost...please help..
Inmatecell11@gmail.com
Help please!

Tahoe Ed

So I get it about how to set up for a 3rd switch on my dx6i..what I don't get is how to get my compass calibrate if I don't want my switch to be in Manuel mode...I want smart fail safe on my 3rd switch...do I set it up in the assistant as man.att.gps...then do the compass calibrate then go back into the assistant and turn off the Manuel and set to smart failsafe so I get attitude gps and REturn to home??????? So lost...please help..
Inmatecell11@gmail.com
Help please!

You have to have modes set up on a three position switch to do your calibration; Manual, ATTi and ATTI/GP. You need to set up preset failsafe in your receiver. You can set up a mix in your Tx to force failsafe from your Tx while you still have a RC connection. What happens when you do not. Turn off your Tx while in Assistant to see what happens. My guess is not much. Your throttle needs to be above 10% and the slider needs to move to failsafe regardless of the mode switch position. Does your's do that?

So fast to get back to me thanks..dx6i only has 2 position switches...I'll have to mix a differant switch to get a 3rd position....I haven got the GPS yet...just doing lots of research so I know what to do when it gets here..

Tahoe Ed

If you get the GPS set up your 2 position switch to Manual then GPS. After you calibrate the compass, you can switch to what ever set up you want.

Omg!!!! Really? It's that easy....awesome!! I'm so happy I got a straight answer...I've been looking for months on how to do it..!! I have flame wheel f450 and f550...didn't get GPS but my friend got a 450 with GPS so I orderd one (be here Wednesday! ) he has dx6i to and wasent sure how to help him set his up...but now I can't wait!!! And to get mine!! Thank you so very much!!!

usnooz

I set 2 switches up on my dx6i so i can toggle between gps,alti & manual and then another for failsafe.

usnooz

here are my settings if you want to try

gear = reverse

mix 1
gear> gear act
rate d 0% u -104%
Sw mix trim inv

mix 2
gear > gear act
reate d - 49% u - 51%
sw ail D/R Trim Inh

gear travel adjustment up 86% down 76%

basically

gear switches between manual and gps.

switching mix to 1 puts it in alti

switcing ail d/r to 1 puts it in failsafe in even if its in alti gps or manual.

Last edited by a moderator: