NAZA-M Lego Project

gencode

Just ordered the bricks for my next project.

I will use a NAZA-M for the controller and the Scorpion motors from my from my GAUI
Not sure if it will fly but with the NAZA it should, I ordered the bricks today to give it a try.

All the legos will be glued, just not sure on the weight and if the Scorpions will lift it.

View attachment 7242

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 9.59.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 9.59.03 PM.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 368
Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

It WORKED!!!!
Its a GAUI Gyro for now till we can the money for another NAZA-M

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Looks great, guess you'll have to land real softly.
Not sure if I'd be comfortable flying that close to the kids:eek:

gencode

We don't have to land soft at all because its all glued together with CA and the blocks are stacked like bricks, if the legs are too thin we can pop them off and use sold 2x2 blocks or 2x4 instead of these window frames.

We just got it flying last night so today we are gonna make it more stable and clean the glue up so its pretty.

I will say its probably as strong or stronger than the GAUI frame and considering there is now thin board like the DJI its pretty strong there too.
Its way lighter than I thought it would be too.

Dewster

This has my mind working overtime right now. Legos are pretty strong and glueing the parts together should make it rock solid! Great idea. Plus you can design and make any shape that you want. I like this idea! No more expensive frames, or expensive CAD designs. :)

gencode

I moved my GoPro from my f550, and it still flies great. Had to extend the legs but with a bit of CA glue it took all but 5 minutes.

Dewster, yea, im thinking there is no limit, in many ways its probably stronger than my f550 because the center of this one is a lot more solid and nothing can really "break", just maybe come apart on impact but the LEGOs and centerboards on this one are pretty much unbreakable unlike the DJI one.

Boys you need to wake up before daddy gives you all my toys from my f550 :-(

View attachment 7824

Attachments

• IMG_9690.jpg
    IMG_9690.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_9688.jpg
    IMG_9688.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 229

gencode

Here is a new video from the LEGO Octocopter Drone itself using a GoPro

Dewster

I'm impressed! I had the Lego digital designer on my computer for about two years, but never really did anything with it...until now. :) These flight controllers will fly just about anything. Your video is proof. This idea is like Christmas coming early for me. lol!