GoPro Hero 3

Joffa_Dan

I've pre-ordered.
My Hero 1 is going as strong as the day I got it, and with those specs I couldn't resist the GPH3. The higher 60fps @ 1080p should deal with the jello effect a little better too.

JEC

For those of you in the USA, I just got the Black version at Best Buy yesterday.
I was surprised they had them. The girl was setting up the display, and I asked if could have the one she was putting up.
She laughed, and said "I think these are going to be hard to keep in stock for the next month or two"

So far, it looks good. The wifi is a little quirky, but that's probably just me.

ITechie

I see Polar Pro already is announcing new filter model for Hero3...anyone heard if new model of Layerlens will be needed and when that might be out?

I might order one too, just cant get the jello off @1080p on my Hero1, however 720P 50fps is very smooth on my TBS discovery, can someone confirm Hero3 still has composit AV out?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
now the thing is the zen gopro mount were pics were already around in the forums ( by the way the final one will be different ) will probably still be released in december ! Lets see if they make it by time to have it work with the Gopro3. That could be a very nice combo.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
true probably doable ! One will have to ad additional weight to not only balance the Gopro itself but to balance out the weight of the motor on the Zenmuse, thinking that the gopro will not be heavy enough itself. The advantage of a Gopro mount could be weight and the cost of it lets see. To tell the truth for a Gropro zenmuse I would really like a gimbal mode were disturbances of coarse are filtered out like on the big one, but one also has the possibility to keep for example the roll axis level to the copter and not the horizon. I like the curve feeling give more of a flying touch to all of it.

Boris