DJI F550 Weight?

Chalagi

After adding up the battery and gopro I think I have figured up the weight to be 1065.13 grams thats about 2.3 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
After adding up the battery and gopro I think I have figured up the weight to be 1065.13 grams thats about 4.5 lbs

Me thinks you should redo your arithmetic. 1 kilo = 2.2 pounds of fun. Therefore 1065.13 which is slightly more than half a kilo does not equal 4.5 lbs. 1065.13 = 2lbs, 5.5 ounces. ( I calculated this, but google will convert grams to ounces).

Chalagi

I guess I did the math without my glasses and you are very correct onthe numbers. Feel like an idiot enginner now lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
You'll like those T-motors!

Not to hijack the thread, but how much flight time do you get with that combo, and what is your AUW? I am just starting to add the AP/FPV equipment, and am contemplating changing out my SunnySky Angels 2216-12 880 to the T-motors after I increase my piloting skills to justify better motors.

I have the dji 550 with the:

aeroxcraft undercarriage
gimbal for the go pro incl Hero 2

I also have the immersion RC 5.8ghz downlink.
EZ OSD
Motors are the torxpower 920kv version using Graupner 10/5 e-props.
battery is 4000 3s lipo
i use the Naza GPS combo.

the AUW is 2.345 Kg which is pretty heavy BUT it is fantastic. In my eyes it's the perfect combination......

Chalagi

Right now I do not have FPV gear on my craft. But I do have the landing gear and gopro with the fixed camera mount. I ordered (6) Tiger MT-2216 900Kv motors that I will change out tonite. My other motors were just too small for the weight. Even at just a hover they got really hot. I don't think I will get into the FPV part right now, I just like flying and filming and having fun with talking usual vids.

meme

My F550 is equipped with the 900 KV Tigers and has an AUW of 3,1 kg. Hovers ant 50% Throttle w/o any problems.
My motors didn't need any balancing.

-meme

Chalagi

I just installed the Tiger MT-2216 900Kv motors on my hexa last nite but it was dark before I could test fly the craft. They are a little bigger in size than the motors that I has on before and they look to be high quality built also. I will make a test flight soon as the weather clears up here and then a test flight with the landing gear and gopro. I think I"m going to like these motors a lot.

DaveM

My F550 is equipped with the 900 KV Tigers and has an AUW of 3,1 kg. Hovers ant 50% Throttle w/o any problems.
My motors didn't need any balancing.

-meme

Hi meme,

My F550 is a similar weight, currently 3.2kg and I was looking to upgrade the motors.

What size props are you using with the Tiger 900kv motors ?

I already have 4 spare Tiger 800kv motors I could try with buying another 2, or purchase 6 of the 2216 900kv
versions.

Cannot seem to decide the best way to go :)

Dave

meme

Thats a good question, dave, i do not know how the 800kv`s are.
I fly the 900 kv`s with 10" Graups.
cheers,

meme

Hi meme,

My F550 is a similar weight, currently 3.2kg and I was looking to upgrade the motors.

What size props are you using with the Tiger 900kv motors ?

I already have 4 spare Tiger 800kv motors I could try with buying another 2, or purchase 6 of the 2216 900kv
versions.

Cannot seem to decide the best way to go :)

Dave