WKM Sudden Woes

jrlederer

Hello all,

Recently, I acquired a YS-X6 and so decided to overhaul a working Droidworx AD6-HL Mikrokopter rig to instead have Castle Creations ESCs nd the YS-X6 FC, but to my dismay I learned the difficult way that incredibly the ZeroUAV system is not currently compatible with the CC ESCs!! I decided that it would be good to mount my relatively unused WKM onto this config, seeing as to how there is a good track record of compatibility between CC and WKM controllers.

I am not sure what the f#$k is going on with this setup right now, but I have everything installed and all the props on the correct way and position, running the frame as a hexa-I config in the DJI assistant software, but for some reason I'm getting the most frustrating behavior out of this machine. I perform the startup command with the transmitter sticks toward bottom center as usual and all motors spin up. Then I leave the motors just above idle and move the cyclic stick around in a circle to verify correct behavior of certain motors speeding up /slowing down in response to stick positions and all appears to be working as it should. As soon as I apply throttle to get near liftoff suddenly I get unexpected behavior. The craft will lean to one side majorly, so I will apply the opposite cyclic command to attempt to neutralize during liftoff, but instead it takes my counter command and like amplifies it to where it flips over in the direction. For anyone who's setup a tail gyro on a single rotor heli, it's almost as though I have the gyro autocorrections the wrong direction so it's amplifying the commands instead of canceling Tim out. It is driving me bananas! I check everything over and over, reconnect to the assistant, reload firmware, problem continues. I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna be giving away a pretty much brand new WKM -- or just throwing it against a wall to relieve the stress this is causing me. I just can't understand what the hell is going on with this p.o.s.!?!? I rarely have problems like this -- only with DJI -- all my other 15 f?ight controllers give me little to no grief.

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions as to what is going on and how to fix or troubleshoot it.

Haveva nice day everyone!

Jonathan

plingboot

sounds like the config for the IMU might need double checking - for correct orientation and position in relation to cog.

elossam

Imu is reverse fixed
you are piloting the hexa with the front arm facing you. (that happened to me once)
Have any of the esc plugged in the wrong shocket.
The hexa config has not been saved to the WKM unit.

I know it has been said that the Calibration process only calibrate GPS, but why would we have that vertical calibration too? Could there be some sort of calibration on that also? or sometime in the GPS/IMU position, verify the - and + numbers.

Tomstoy2

The gps calibration is more for auto landing function, letting the acft know the distance to the ground. Serves other purposes, too.

I think the suggestions above probably hit your problem there somewhere.

jrlederer

Sorry, been outta the loop for a while due to recent hospitalization, but out now and feeling up to giving this darn thing another go. I'll post back if any of your suggestions worked out. Much appreciated, and sorry for the delayed responses.