DJI S800 Drifting

Highalander

Hi All, can anyone advise on which gains to adjust to stop the s800 drifting to the left. I've tried several different amounts of gain but still get the same result, release the sticks and it starts to drift left!

There is a magnetic declination everywhere in the world, and this will sometimes effect the wookoog drifting. Here in California, the Declination was approx 12 deg.

See Here for your Declination http://magnetic-declination.com/

For my copters, I usually rotate the GPS disc approx 10-12 Deg, and this cures toilet Bowling and drifting. Sometimes, it works perfect without having to adjust the GPS Disc. If I were in your shoes, I would simply turn the GPS Disc in one direction a few degrees, and see if the drifting gets better or worse. If it gets worse, then go the opposite direction until you get a good setting.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Try these as initial Gain settings. These are a little on the low side, and cause my RTF S800 builds to fly rather smoothly for filming. These are the gains I use for a fully loaded S800 with Zenmuse and 8000mah lipo. They may work well for you to.

110 110 115 130
100 100

what is interesting.. I have 2 WKM on a S800.. each numbers are so far off from one another... I use same battery packs.... have not really tried to get the numbers the same.. I have only tried to get the flight characteristic similar.. but the numbers are off big..

should the S800 WKM on same firmware run similar? or very close?

KS

Highalander

There is a magnetic declination everywhere in the world, and this will sometimes effect the wookoog drifting. Here in California, the Declination was approx 12 deg.

See Here for your Declination http://magnetic-declination.com/

For my copters, I usually rotate the GPS disc approx 10-12 Deg, and this cures toilet Bowling and drifting. Sometimes, it works perfect without having to adjust the GPS Disc. If I were in your shoes, I would simply turn the GPS Disc in one direction a few degrees, and see if the drifting gets better or worse. If it gets worse, then go the opposite direction until you get a good setting.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Ty, ages since I used to actually do this with compass and OS maps, trudging across wales, dartmoor etc. Thanks I will try your both recommendations, mine at the moment are (170,170, 140, 170)-(140, 140)