New Stuff DJi Photokina !

DennyR

yes states that but at the same time says the MC is not need thus only using the PMU IMU and Zenmuse should work. PMU has both kinds of can-bus plugs

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606649&page=70#post22797884 check post 1050 and read on.

Bet if you only get a used IMU or crashed whatever give the can-bus V and GND and connect the two data channels between IMU and GCU and that could also be it !"

Boris

Yes that is exactly what I did, You only need the IMU and the same cable. It must face the front in correct orientation or it wont work. I flew the border and did the mirror test this way. I mounted it on a temporary battery tray. I tried to buy 20 more units from DJI to make a commercial mount this way and never got a reply. Only a later comment that they would now be planning to do it themselves. That is why I started to divulge how it works. I expect there is some disgruntled EE wandering about in Shenzhen who knows the bootloader codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah i didn't know. I was wondering why in FPV mode the nose lock isn't any better ( it always swings after a little ) ! I thought that its the reason since it using the data from the digital compass in the GPS module to know the copter nose position is. So why is it implemented the way it is ? Wouldn't i also want the best possible pan stabilization also in FPV mode ?

Boris

DennyR

The FPV mode should move just enough to make the stabilization but it is slaved to the models heading.
It can do that with just the accelerometer which in time however will drift a little. The best way to operate this thing is as a two man op. not FPV. If you are essentially flying the camera you don't see any slight drift angle. I have yet to try the circle mode in FPV.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
for sure the the two man op is the way to go. Just didn't understand why locking in the zen to the models heading is harder to achieve than letting it stick to a certain degree on the span axis which works perfectly.

Digitech

I sent an email to DJI and kopterworx about the avaliability of S800 landing gear.....no answer from DJI (as usual), kopterworx got the message from DJI: "FS100 Gimbal and retracts don’t have estimate launch time...."

I can understand for the FS100, but for Christ sake, the retracts are no rocket sience, and since they know that the existing fixed landing gear is limiting the use of the Zenmuse, how can they show up at an Exhibit with that retracts and just say: " Solly, don't know nothing..."

What they should do is: Announce on their website that they came up with a retractable landing gear, a fixed schedule when it will be on the market and a 50% price reduction for all customer who went through their ESC nightmare....and then the alarm clock went off and I woke up.

Chris

Hi Chris
i also was on the stand on friday sat and sunday helping out and serving customers.

FS100 is something for 2013.
the one on the pictures is indeed a prototype , looked very nice and has some impressive stepper motors.
but i guess focus is now on the GH3 (looking at specs it will outperform any 5D for a fraction of the cost and weight.
the retracts should be around before the end of the year , still needs some work , i seen the prototype mechanical its ready.
most work will be the electronics , it will have a lock sensor so in case the gear jams it will stop retracting and go back or full stop.
there is more stuff comming , but cant tell more at the moment.

Sandor

Digitech

no but easyer to understand :)
a stepper would be to "crude" for the job.
basicly it is controlled by a hall sensor to find position.