gains on a qav500, what are you running

Hey guys, just curious about your gains if you have a qav500, i fly mostly in manual mode, im at 130,130,145,160 90 on atti. Doesnt fly like i want it too though, when i apply forward stick and get the lean i want it doesnt hold it very well, wants to come back level. Also i get some major oscillation on descent.

Thanks

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey guys, just curious about your gains if you have a qav500, i fly mostly in manual mode, im at 130,130,145,160 90 on atti. Doesnt fly like i want it too though, when i apply forward stick and get the lean i want it doesnt hold it very well, wants to come back level. Also i get some major oscillation on descent.

Thanks

I have both basic and atti gains TX adjustable, I can set it to whatever works for the prevailing conditions as I'm flying. I have the basic gains set for a range of 80 to 140 and the atti for 50 to 120, the yaw is fixed at 200 or 250, I forget which, and the altitude to 200. With the yaw and altitude set at those numbers it tracks nice and straight with no tendency to wag the tail and the altitude hold is rock solid.

If you want it looser in manual mode, turn the atti gains down to 60% or so and then experiment with the basic pitch and roll to see if you can get it do what you want. The QAV flys a bit odd compared to my TBS Discovery and I'm not quite sure why that is, part of it may be the fact the Naza is essentially decoupled from the motors and arms by the isolation mounts so it's a bit slow to react to changes that the Naza senses on the TBS immediately. In any case, I've found I can get the Naza to hold a bit of a forward orientation once the right gains are found, but I fly in ATTI mode 99% of the time so it may not be as easy to get it dialed in on manual mode, I've never tried. If I want to fly without the benefit of the accelerometer and autoleveling I have a KK2.0 board that has a very nice manual mode, I've been using it on my F330 FPV quad. The QAV and TBS I have a bit too much $ tied up in to trust flying them as far as I do on anything other than a system that has RTH failsafe. So far it's brought the QAV back from close to a half mile away when the video failed completely and I had no way of knowing where it was or what it was doing. As soon as the video went I pushed the throttle all the way up for a few seconds to get above anything in between the QAV and home position then engaged position hold followed by failsafe to start the RTH. I spent what felt like 10 minutes scanning the sky until I saw it flying back, that was a HUGE relief!

Ken

thanks Ken, i hate that lost feeling... I literally lost my ad-6 overnight lol i found it auto landed in a guys yard about 8 blocks away. Any how, i agree on the dollar situation, im running long range gear and am confident in its range, do you trust the kk board ability wise on the qav.... Im waiting on a cc3d but my htfpv frame sits alone because i threw the naza on my qav. Is the kk2.0 the one on hobby king. Perhaps you couild throw me a link and ill grab one to try while i wait!

thanks