Hoverfly HOVERFLY PRO/GPS FIRMWARE RELEASE: v4.3.860

hoverben

Person of Interest
Tonight we are releasing a new firmware build for the HoverflyPRO and HoverflyGPS.

Version 4.3.860 includes patches which greatly improve the Auto-Level feature and OSD features, as well as addresses several other minor issues. A new Setup Client is also available. Users who update their Setup Client can expect to connect more easily, as well as the addition of an Auto-Level smoothing setting.

For the full release notes, please see this article:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/21939088-pro-gps-firmware-setup-update-v4-3-860

We encourage all users to update to the new build as soon as possible, especially if you have experienced any of the issues noted in the article above. (Please note that because of the persistence of some of these issues, previous versions of the firmware in which they were present have been removed from the Hoverfly Firmware Update Client.)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ben,
How do I install the Setup Client so that I don't need an internet connection to run it?
Thanks,
Bart

Photronix

Pilot
Once the Setup client is running you should not need an internet connection. An internet connection is required with the Firmware Update Client.

Bartman

so without an internet connection it can't be opened but once it's open it can be separated from it? the trick then is to open it if you're leaving the house/office/wherever and leave it open on your laptop for later use?

bart

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
so without an internet connection it can't be opened but once it's open it can be separated from it? the trick then is to open it if you're leaving the house/office/wherever and leave it open on your laptop for later use?

No, once you download the setup client and run it once, you do not need to be connected to the internet the next time you use it. Firmware updates always need to be connected to the internet.

Bartman

then I'm not doing something right. when i try to open it it says "verifying application requirements" followed by "Application download did not succeed", the file i'm using is the Application Manifest file for the Hoverfly Setup.

thanks,
bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Bart did you ever test your XY8 with the new esc's or figure out why it was taking a dive? Would be good to know it was faulty ESC's. I never had that problem at all. Hoverfly rules! I'm going to show my thanks and send a box of doughnuts and a strip'o'gram to them.

Bartman

hey, sorry about that, I thought I posted after I got flying again. I'm using the 40A ESC's now and I haven't had any problems since the switch. I just need to update the GPS firmware to match the PRO and then do the compass calibration. I like the way it's all performing, just need a last tweak of the camera settings to make it perfect.

jcmonty

Will I need to reset my trims for AL (per the manual) or re-evaluate my smoothness setting with this new firmware vs. 4.3.802? Or should I just install and be ready to go?

Aerovideo

You guys are going to thrash me for asking but...

Any Sport board love? My little sport board wants some of this nice gyro flying smoothness! :D

Bartman

jcmonty/periquira

i updated the firmware and flew with no calibrations or changes to settings. with Hoverfly though it seems that calibrations do make everything work better so I'd guess the firmware will benefit from new calibrations. my camera settings seemed a bit off with the new firmware but I wasn't exactly dialed in yet with that anyway. I had some Yaw issues with the GPS installed so I'll update that firmware and put it back in place today to see if the firmware improved things.

bart

Photronix

Pilot
I just tried it. I can open and use the Setup Client without an internet connection.

then I'm not doing something right. when i try to open it it says "verifying application requirements" followed by "Application download did not succeed", the file i'm using is the Application Manifest file for the Hoverfly Setup.

thanks,
bart

Bartman

i figured maybe i didn't have the prerequisites installed so i clicked the install button to try installing both of them. i restarted the computer and still can't run the software without it first wanting to go online to check something out.

is anyone else having the same problem?

Stacky

Bart, I had this problem once and it was because I wasnt running off the actual software but the link to the software. Being a long time mac user I hadnt got the software correctly setup on my pc. Check how you have the software installed.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
I would connect to the internet. It sounds like the setup client is trying to update itself. You should allow it to do so. Then try running it off-line. If that doesn't work, uninstall then re-install the setup client from our website.
http://www.hoverflyupdate.com/setupClient/publish.htm

i figured maybe i didn't have the prerequisites installed so i clicked the install button to try installing both of them. i restarted the computer and still can't run the software without it first wanting to go online to check something out.

is anyone else having the same problem?

Bartman

george,
from which link? install or launch? i've tried both and it hasn't made a difference.
thanks,
bart