Y6 with Carboncore
Avroto M2814-11S
Stock DJI ESC
Spektrum DX8 + AR8000 + Telem

GPS calibration okay
Altitude hold works
GPS hold works

Issue:
Yaw to the right when hovering in GPS or Atti mode.

I remember reading a thread about someone having a similar issue but I can't seem to find that thread anymore.

Can anyone provide some suggestion/clues or a link to a thread --- would the yaw gains help control/fix this?
Right now , I'm playing around with the XYZ values but if they are the cause then shouldn't the yaw issue be gone when I switch to Atti mode?

thanks in advance.

yeehaanow

When I went to Y6 on the naza I had to have Yaw gain maxed at 300%. Also, try higher pitch props on the bottom motor.

kenuck

wow, those are some very high gains. I'll continue to increase my gains to see if there are any improvements.

Forgot to mention that I'm using Graupner 11/5 .
Next is to re-balance props and check motor alignment.

cheers

Im running a y6 on a Jakub frame with 2814-11 and 11x5 Graupner and my yaw gain is at 130 and is rock solid. This is a Naza with GPS.

kenuck

Hi Phospherus,

Those gains sound a bit more sensible. I'm very close to dialing it in. Just need to get rid of this yaw right while hovering issues. I thought I had fixed it a few days back but I've just switch to a heavier lens and now its' back :(

What are you carrying on your copter? I'm pulling up a gimble + Nex5 with a 50mm lens.

cheers

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
:frog:
I just setting up my Y6 now. I'm using Graupner 12x6 on Axi 2814/22.
The FC is the Naza V2 on a FY680 converted to Y6.

This thread is hopefully going to help.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Here the maiden flight of my Y6. Can anyone help me with my gains on the Naza? It's not as stable as I'd like.

My Naza V2 gains are.
Basic: 200 200 150 160Attitu: 90 90

Last edited by a moderator: