Z16 Gh2 Version, a little bit hmmmming

fritz99

its just comes down to the point that everything else it a joke compared to the z15 at the moment ! If you can deal with the NEX or GH2 and want to spend that amount of money your decision should be for a Zen.

The others don't come close ! and eventually aren't that much cheap if you calculate in a full 360 solution, with IMU, with hdmi converter, with camera trigger, and must important working out of the box
what the other solutions all don't do so hours of work go in, that might lead to good results.

Boris

Hallo Boris !

I agree completely with you z15 is awsome.
There is by fare nothing comperable !

Fritz

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Well Boris, that Footage is very, very impressive!
I am looking for a Singe Operator Solution....and now, after seeing your Video the S800 with Z15 will become an option.

-meme

meme

Boris, any special reason that youv'e decided to go with the GH2? Decided to order one, but the only Z15 i've found is a Nex7 one. A Friend told me that Nex 7 is not sooo great for video?

Thanks, meme

fritz99

Hello Boris !

My Zenmuse ist in all modes not completely horizontal.
Do you know how I can adjust this ?

lg

Fritz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris, any special reason that youv'e decided to go with the GH2? Decided to order one, but the only Z15 i've found is a Nex7 one. A Friend told me that Nex 7 is not sooo great for video?

Thanks, meme

Hi Meme,

I just prefer the sharpness quality of the gh2 over the nex 5 or 7. But I guess it's simply a question of taste. I watched so many multirotor footage with both cams and the gh2 was always more appealing to me. The only real downside to the gh2 in combo with zenmuse is that you can only use 1080i50/60 or 1080p24 in combo with its hdmi converter. So if I want 760p50/60 which is the gh2 strong side in my eyes than you have to fly blind without a video downlink.

Addtionally think the nex7 can do 1080p50/60 not sure about the nex5. Also heard though that several prefer the nex5 over the nex 7 but no clue why!

Regards

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hello Boris !

My Zenmuse ist in all modes not completely horizontal.
Do you know how I can adjust this ?

lg

Fritz

Sorry no clue the only thing I would try is to check on the GCU if it's mounted correctly. Than I would try to reflash it. Still nothing write to support!

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Frtiz one more thing dont know we're you are testing the z15. But everytime I use it or test it inside on the bench it babes strangely. Outside I the field the problems are gone. So if you are getting your offset of the roll axis inside your apartment just take it out and try it out in the open!

Boris

fritz99

Hello Boris !

I test it outside.
And the camera is ca. 5 to 10 dregrees out of horizontal.
The other thing is, that not every time I swich power on zenmus gets its correct positions of all axis.
It keeps rotating and rotating.......................
Then I have to turn off power and on again and the everything is ok.

So zenmuse is very good but also a littel bit strange in its behaviour.

Fritz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Without power on only camera in the gimbal is the cam perfectly balanced out? If you setup the gimbal perfectly straight does it move into an direction ? Do you have anything on the camera that's not part of the standard setup, filter, not original maybe lighter or heavier lipo etc ?

hugy

Hi boris, what settings did you use on the gh2? I'm getting some hunting auto focus on mine, could you help maybe.
Here is the video of my zenmuse gh2 maiden from today.

hugy

Yeah I know that would fix it but I love to fly close to objects sometimes so af would be best. Maybe boris has some tips otherwise I will indeed switch to mf.

sim_io

Hugy that GH2 looks pretty stable! The autofocus isn't the best idea for multirotor gh2ing, put the thing on manual focus and set it to infinity.

3dheliguy

Wow O love the GH2... This is the only camera for the Zenmuse, I would use for sure amazing camera. Its a great Gimabl for sure. I cant wait till DJI steps up for the next gimbal.

hugy

Did a short flight today, manual focus, iso 400, diafragma 10, 1/125th, much better already, but still some vibes or something. Just keep on testing:black_eyed:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq70Aus1Yuk[/video]

hugy

New test flight in the woods. Only did some collor grading.

There still is some kind of vibration in the video sometimes, will have to see where this comes from.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
New test flight in the woods. Only did some collor grading.

There still is some kind of vibration in the video sometimes, will have to see where this comes from.

Hugy are you sure that you have the gimbal 100% balanced ? You can leave the cam in any position and i won't move ?

I can't really see a lot in the Video since it pretty dark and youtube acts like a ....... on my MAC since weeks and jitters and jumps when it plays anything !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Helped setup a s800 with Z15 GH2 for someone and we are puzzled since the two zenmuses have a different start routine ! Both same FW on them. Strange one also is that the one on the right shakes itself into the rest start off position. Don't like this shaking wondering if its stress for the motors. Otherwise its working fine.

Boris