My first FPV Flight

usnooz

Well thanks to everyone that offered me tips.

I finally managed my First FPV take off and flight.
I did not have the guts to Land though so i did that normally :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

Congrats! It's a lot of fun, isn't it?

I find it very relaxing, actually. It helps having a system you can rely on to just hold it's position when you find yourself a little lost and need a little time to sort things out.

usnooz

Well Relaxing is not the word i'd use just yet. My heart was racing a bit :)

Next on my buy list is the naza GPS. that might help my nerves a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

Well, you are correct. I started flying fpv with a piece of junk fy91q. It was hard enough to just hold a steady hover. The navigation system never did work and would inhibit the flight control system big time.

After switching the fpv over to my Hexa with the WKM I now just cruise around, stop and examine things, never worry about attitude.

I ending up damaging my 500mw vtx and had to use my original 200mw vtx and was worried about range. However, using IB Crazy's cloverleaf antenna's I've found the range to be quite enough for now. Flying out beyond a 1/4 mile is no problem, not a single glitch. It took me what seemed forever when I tried to locate my Hexa in the sky with my eyes out that far! It was just a dot in the sky. No idea what the direction was. No problem, just looked back at the display and flew on back.

Now I want more flight time. Just concerned that weight is going to be an issue. Might have to look into a larger frame to handle the weight.