Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

Kari

Nice video on your site, Kari. What are you using for gimbal, stabiisation and camera?

Thanks Chris, gimbal is cinestar and those shots are mostly stabilised using ys-x6 compensation and some of them with radians. Camera was hacked GH2 with kit zoom lens.

PhilippeN

Hello, today I am trying the waypoints, but when I upload they always stay orange and never Blue, what could be wrong ? Thanks for helping.
Philippe

Can any one tell me how or link me to a full step by step guide of making my phone into a wireless hotspot and how to link to ys-x6?
Cheers in advance. Had a google but i cant find all the steps.

johnno

Rob, I have a question what could be the problem when trying to do a compass Cal and I get no blue LED at all? I wait for minutes but nothing, sorry to trouble you but I just cant get around this issue..........John.

robone

Can any one tell me how or link me to a full step by step guide of making my phone into a wireless hotspot and how to link to ys-x6?
Cheers in advance. Had a google but i cant find all the steps.

Hi Ryan

I assume you are using an android system What I did was download an app called "wi-fi Hotspot". All you do is run it and enter the ssid and away you go.

Cheers
Rob

robone

Rob, I have a question what could be the problem when trying to do a compass Cal and I get no blue LED at all? I wait for minutes but nothing, sorry to trouble you but I just cant get around this issue..........John.

Hi John

If you don't get a blue light, and assuming you have pressed the Hor calibration button (or Vertical Calibration button) then it is not level hor or vertically. Move it around and you will eventually get it level.

Cheers
Rob

johnno

Hi John

If you don't get a blue light, and assuming you have pressed the Hor calibration button (or Vertical Calibration button) then it is not level hor or vertically. Move it around and you will eventually get it level.

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, Ok I got a blue led and managed to get 2 horizontal and 2 vertical movements and then saved them both and have broken dots areas missing nothing like they show but I will keep on trying but at least I got the LED to light thankyou..John.

socratic

Anyone know what might be causing my elevator and aileron to be crossed? I am using the bus interface from FC to FySky receiver. I had this exact same configuration set up on a Steadi470 and it was fine. I have moved the YS-X6 to another quad that I am testing and have this issue. Everything looks ok on the tablet data - I move elevator and it changes values. Move aileron and those values move. Checked the assignment of channels on the transmitter (futaba) and it is ok. Maybe I just have a brain cramp - something I forgot to do when I moved the FC?

socratic

Anyone know what might be causing my elevator and aileron to be crossed? I am using the bus interface from FC to FySky receiver. I had this exact same configuration set up on a Steadi470 and it was fine. I have moved the YS-X6 to another quad that I am testing and have this issue. Everything looks ok on the tablet data - I move elevator and it changes values. Move aileron and those values move. Checked the assignment of channels on the transmitter (futaba) and it is ok. Maybe I just have a brain cramp - something I forgot to do when I moved the FC?

Update for anyone who might benefit from my stupidity! I had mismarked my motor/esc connectors and simply had two of them plugged in to the wrong assignment. Flipped those and everything works fine now. Now just wait for the wind to die down and try a test flight.

Thaba Raptor

Gimbal Servo Installation

Hi Guys,

I am new to to the thread.
I have been playing with Rc planes and helicopters for 12 odd years but Multirotors are new to me.
I am busy installing the YS-X6 system to a Bumblebee Quad. The Bumble bee has a tilt enabled camera mount that I am adding a pan axis to. (See the attached photo's). I will be using a GP H3 camera.

Now my questions:
1. Do I plug the servo's in as is or do I remove ref wires an use a BEC.
2. On the Autopilot box there is a input (3 pins) marked "Camera" am I correct to assume this receives feed from the camera , process it and transmit the signal to the ground station? Can somebody tell me what is the pin Configurations from mini-usb for to make this work.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Thaba Raptor

Attachments

• Bumble Bee pan-tilt camera mount 107.jpg
    Bumble Bee pan-tilt camera mount 107.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Bumble Bee pan-tilt camera mount 110.jpg
    Bumble Bee pan-tilt camera mount 110.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 268

johnno

Update for anyone who might benefit from my stupidity! I had mismarked my motor/esc connectors and simply had two of them plugged in to the wrong assignment. Flipped those and everything works fine now. Now just wait for the wind to die down and try a test flight.

Hi Jim, Ge its great when you can answer your own question, whats the new frame like??

socratic

Hasn't arrived yet. Planning to install the YS-X6 on it. Not a lot of real estate on the frame for such a large FC - so I might have to modify the platform a bit. Everything I have seen with this frame looks promising. I kind of like the idea of buying from the original guy who basically designed this frame. I know Zero says they came up with it themselves, but I doubt it was entirely their design. In any case, if I can learn the idiosyncrasies of the YS FC it should work really well on this frame. Looking forward to the new build.

I just installed YS-X6 on my Skyjib V2, a which is large and Dam YS is large, Took along time to figure out where to place everything.

nicwilke

Yeah, it's huge eh?
Try fitting it to the smaller XM6, theres not much room.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Yea its way bigger than the XM. I used Hurkules V3 which took up alot of room in the center of the frame. I really dont know how you did it :)

johnno

Hasn't arrived yet. Planning to install the YS-X6 on it. Not a lot of real estate on the frame for such a large FC - so I might have to modify the platform a bit. Everything I have seen with this frame looks promising. I kind of like the idea of buying from the original guy who basically designed this frame. I know Zero says they came up with it themselves, but I doubt it was entirely their design. In any case, if I can learn the idiosyncrasies of the YS FC it should work really well on this frame. Looking forward to the new build.

Jim I picked out yesterday on the web from Zero that the Servos on the Steadi were to be fed power wise via 1 x 10amp UBEC! Did you install that or has anyone else for that matter, Its quite interesting I can find nothing on paper about it.
View attachment 9190

Attachments

• UBEC.JPG
    UBEC.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator: