Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

conprot

FIRMWARE QUESTIONS YS-X6
is there an indication anywhere in the CGS to confirm which version (Basic, statndard e.t.c) you have .
From what i know you receive a custom firmware for your version purchased.What do you do for subsequent firmware updates? do you just update and the system retains your version ?
Your reply will be appreciated

nicwilke

The Report inside the paper didnt give any idea just its a new machine due on air this weekend the Cameras a bit of a shock they say high def it just looks like a domestic ordinary camera, while I got you GoPro have released Hero 3 with WiFi, do you know what the sensitivity like on Ys-X6 Wifi Unit, I was wondering if one would be game to have a second wifi unit airbourne? john.

Should be OK to run a wifi gopro on it.

robone

FIRMWARE QUESTIONS YS-X6
is there an indication anywhere in the CGS to confirm which version (Basic, statndard e.t.c) you have .
From what i know you receive a custom firmware for your version purchased.What do you do for subsequent firmware updates? do you just update and the system retains your version ?
Your reply will be appreciated

You can check what you can do under Function Limit. Thats about it.

As for upgrading, once you update it places it in RAM and it is there, forever. That is why it is linked to the Serial # and cannot be moved to another Auto Pilot.

As other FW updates are released, you just carry on and update and it has no impact on your FW upgrade.

Hope this helps

Rob

Should be OK to run a wifi gopro on it.

I have preordered a gopro 3 Black. They arent in this country yet, but they say they will deliver it on the 6th Dec (wait, thats today! :) I will let you know if it interferes. Don't see why it should, I would be more bothered about it interfering with the RX.

conprot

On the same note is there any other way to find out how many waypoints you are allowd to use 4 or 16???as this will be clear as the version i have.

robone

For those who are not happy about using the 900Mhz data link because of the legality of using it in your country, have a look at my website, where there is a link to a way of using a 433Mhz 3DR radio set. Works brilliantly. Just got it finished enough to test and I am happy with it.

You can see it here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964

robone

I was rather confused with the promotion. I read it that if I had a basic kit, I would get a free 10point upgrade. This is not the case, I only get it if I buy a YS-X4. I have no idea what is offered to who, its very confusing.

Hi Nic

The whole promotion is based on you buying something over this period.

So, if you have a YS-X6 and you buy a YS-X4 wifi version, you get free 10 waypoints for your YS-X6 and you also get the YS-X4 upgraded to the Navigator version.

Whereas, if you just buy a YS-X4 wifi and you do not have a YS-X6, you can get the upgrade to Navigator version at half price.

So, if you already have a YS-X6, you are getting a good deal. I know a number of YS-X6 owners who have bought the YS-X4 wifi version and taken advantage of this offer.

Rob

robone

I want to change my YS-X6 to point to point mode as I dont want to lug a router and I cant get my galaxy S2 to talk to the unit when it is in hotspot mode.
Has anyone tried this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-wstSz3as and does it work?
Also where do I get this software they use? "wifi config version 1.3"

I would be very grateful

Hi Chris

I have the software on my website under resources.

Depending on when you bought your YS-X6 will determine whether you can get this Point to Point working. My wifi module does not allow it as it was one of the first ones sold.

As far as I know, if your wifi module has an SSID of either ZERO-TECH or YS-X6 then it will be able to do P2P but if the SSID is YS-X6-xxxxxxxx then it can't.

Cheers
Rob

Kari

Hi Nic

The whole promotion is based on you buying something over this period.

So, if you have a YS-X6 and you buy a YS-X4 wifi version, you get free 10 waypoints for your YS-X6 and you also get the YS-X4 upgraded to the Navigator version.

Rob

This is a bit annoying as i have had YS-X6 from the beginning and bought X4 wifi unit right when released, but it was just few days before this offer came up so i got luck, no free waypoints for my X6 nor free upgrade for X4 to Navigator. :( I think they could be nicer for early adopters and those who have taken a risk and bought very first X4 units and include them to this offer..

Kari

robone

This is a bit annoying as i have had YS-X6 from the beginning and bought X4 wifi unit right when released, but it was just few days before this offer came up so i got luck, no free waypoints for my X6 nor free upgrade for X4 to Navigator. :( I think they could be nicer for early adopters and those who have taken a risk and bought very first X4 units and include them to this offer..

Kari

Hi Kari....Why don't you contact them directly. Maybe they will be nice about it.

Kari

Actually i did ask from Vivien and got the answer i'm not getting the features for free but Vivien suggested to buy another X4 now in discount period to get the features for free. Right.

Tuomas P.

We have to send "Vivien" some nice red wine and some cheese...
Well, I cant get the PC GCS map to show, nope. Also the X4 acts funny when I switch between flight modes.
I'll try to locate everything further away from the MC/IMU.

TP.

robone

That's strange. I wonder if it is PC related or OS. Can you get google maps normally?

In the GCS you have to choose under the file tab, google earth or google maps.