Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply!!
Yes I've already tried the hot spot solution but it doesn't work!!
I will look for the serial number...and a router
I'll let you know
Carlo

nicwilke

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply!!
Yes I've already tried the hot spot solution but it doesn't work!!
I will look for the serial number...and a router
I'll let you know
Carlo

Hi carlo, I'm sure we can help. Have you tried checking yourself?
Also, you can check by using your web browser, and typing in 192.168.1.254 (user admin, password blank I think, or 'password' cant remember without checking. Then change the top right tab to English unless you're chinese is good, and look at the SSID of your unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry no it doesn't work or "ping".
The router sees the drone wifi as "YS-XS-11336N WEP protected"
How can I modify this key or cancel it?
I launch the wifi program on my PC but it goes in timeout and doesn't see the drone wifi...I don't have more ideas ...
Why Zero Uav doesn't create a NORMAL program for PC like the Dji Naza or Wookong in order to speed up the Fc programming!!!!:mad:
A very disappointed Carlo...

nicwilke

Sorry no it doesn't work or "ping".
The router sees the drone wifi as "YS-XS-11336N WEP protected"
How can I modify this key or cancel it?
I launch the wifi program on my PC but it goes in timeout and doesn't see the drone wifi...I don't have more ideas ...
Why Zero Uav doesn't create a NORMAL program for PC like the Dji Naza or Wookong in order to speed up the Fc programming!!!!:mad:
A very disappointed Carlo...

192.168.1.254 (user admin, password blank I think, or 'password' cant remember without checking. Then change the top right tab to English unless you're chinese is good, and look at the SSID of your unit. Take a look arount at the settings, you can change in there.

Sorry, I haven't understood!!
I've plugged the data Usb cable into the wifi module with no result!!
It works the FC plugged with Usb with the GSC in my pc, i see the datas and read the serial number.

vispaaja

My YS-X6 hexa now has about 20 flights on it and I thought I'd share some experiences. I relocated both the IMU and the WiFi module. The heli isn't as stable in the wind as I expected. This is probably due to large props, bad motor bearings and the settings might be off too.. "Back landing" and "Change Altitude" features work very well, I haven't tried other features yet. The heli flies well in manual mode but I still have some problems with it.

- GPS still twiches quite a lot
- Sometimes the ESC's won't arm when the battery is connected. They just beep. This happened earlier today and the problem wouldn't go away even if I tried to re-connect many times. Had to leave the field. Reassigned the channels and calibrated the ESC's at home, works well now I wonder why the problem occured in the first place.
- I cannot change Remote Control Mode, Volt Alert Threshold, ESC Type or Steering Gear Frequency in the Android app. When I make changes and click send and then read, the old values are still there. Other values can be changed and saved.
- Sometimes WiFi won't connect. I have noticed that the order in which devices are powered matters:
1) Router on
2) Mobile to the router
3) Power to the FC
4) Open the app.

Here's a short video from today

Last edited by a moderator:

Finally found the WEP Key for the Drone WiFi .... 12345!!
And now it works!!!
Why ZeroUav doesn't give this key in the, what they call, "Instructions"!!???

robone

Finally found the WEP Key for the Drone WiFi .... 12345!!
And now it works!!!
Why ZeroUav doesn't give this key in the, what they call, "Instructions"!!???

Actually it is in the latest Quick Start Guide dated 20121022.

"After WIFI works, your Phone or Tablet will search for a wireless network whose name is YS-X6-Serial No.N (Example: YS-X6-10112N), then please put in the password:12345 and connect it."

I posted it on my website on the 22 Oct 2012 . You can see it here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964

Cheers
Rob

Sorry you got me confused here. My "manual" says password 82890430.
If I upgrade my firmware which I was considering doing, do I need to change the password?</confused>

robone

Hi Chris

No, it only applies if you have the newer wifi module that has an "N" behind the name. If your wifi has been working, just leave it alone and upgrading the FW won't make any changes.

Cheers
Rob

Just read your notes Rob. Having just rebuilt my octo I discover I have mounted the IMU below the control unit. How much of a problem is this? I have a carbon plate between the 2 units so didnt expect too many EMI issues? What are the EMI effects reported? Hopefully not fatal!

PerryRC

On the -N (newer or red light) wifi modules with password 12345678 is there a hardware reset howto anywhere? I have found the hardware reset instructions for the previous version of the wifi module (blue light or non "N") but not for the new red light or -n wifi module. Any guidance much appreciated.

Mark

nicwilke

Just read your notes Rob. Having just rebuilt my octo I discover I have mounted the IMU below the control unit. How much of a problem is this? I have a carbon plate between the 2 units so didnt expect too many EMI issues? What are the EMI effects reported? Hopefully not fatal!

Chris, Its not usually mounted under the controller, however this isnt a big issue if you are not getting ant EMI from cables or Speedies. When doing a test hover, keep an eye on the data. Look for vibration, and in GPS auto hover, look at what the Controller is doing for stick. If all seems OK, dont worry about it.

johnno

Hi All,
This appeared in todays Telegraph insert TV,Gadgets & Games. Fox Sports are getting into the Act anyone recognize the Frame?
View attachment 8012

The Text underneath read " BE WARNED Shane Warne welcomes the scrutiny that comes with his return to cricket".
I'll swear Channel 7 have one as well they had a couple of shots taken from about 200 feet of the car racing it seem to be to slow for the big Helicopter. Johnno.

Attachments

• img002red.jpg
    img002red.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 223

nicwilke

Fox sports Australia have a few Multirotors. One is a droidworx Skyjib. Not sure what Warnie is flying there.

johnno

Fox sports Australia have a few Multirotors. One is a droidworx Skyjib. Not sure what Warnie is flying there.
The Report inside the paper didnt give any idea just its a new machine due on air this weekend the Cameras a bit of a shock they say high def it just looks like a domestic ordinary camera, while I got you GoPro have released Hero 3 with WiFi, do you know what the sensitivity like on Ys-X6 Wifi Unit, I was wondering if one would be game to have a second wifi unit airbourne? john.