Hoverfly OSD and YAW issues .802

StormRU

With camera being disconnected I do not see any OSD info transmitted via Foxtech 400mw 5.8Ghz TX to my googles with built in receiver I will try to make a wire to connect googles directly to HFP out

Last edited by a moderator:

StormRU

I have just tried to connect my goggles with the wire directly to HFP OSD output. All I've got is a thick grey line moving from top to bottom.

Photronix

Pilot
Yes look at the video directly out of them camera then go through OSD overlay and verify that you see the OSD. You need to ARM the pro to see the data. It takes a few seconds to be displayed.

You most likely have an impedance mismatch.

StormRU

Yes look at the video directly out of them camera then go through OSD overlay and verify that you see the OSD. You need to ARM the pro to see the data. It takes a few seconds to be displayed.

You most likely have an impedance mismatch.

I connected everything as you advised, disconnected camera, armed the board and waited for 3 minutes.
I see only gray line moving from top to bottom all the time :(

Can it be an impedance mismatch with camera, VTX and goggles?

Photronix

Pilot
Here is a video

Couple things.

First try the same test using the top set of connections rather than the bottom. See if that works.

Second try using a camera with the configuration. Try top goggles bottom cam test and then switch and see if that works.

Third it may be a PAL/NTSC problem eventhough it is designed to work with either. What goggles are you using? Model/brand? Is there an NTSC/PAL/SECAM setting?

Fourth try soldering the connect next time. This may help with the sync

From the video from the goggles it appears that there is video but the sync both horizontal and vertical are off. Do you have another monitor that you can use for testing. TV with composite input?

As far as brilliant support...I believe we have responded to 10's of posts and support tickets from you. What more do you expect? You have had more simple problems than any user we have supported. As far as I have surmised so far not a single issue has been a hardware or software issue of our product. Many of your questions are answered in the manual and knowledge database. Without you and your system in front of us it is difficult to troubleshoot these types of issues. Anything that we believe is a problem with our product we look at very closely and fix immediately. None of the problems you have had are being reported by any of our other thousands of customers.

StormRU

As far as brilliant support...I believe we have responded to 10's of posts and support tickets from you. What more do you expect? You have had more simple problems than any user we have supported. As far as I have surmised so far not a single issue has been a hardware or software issue of our product. Many of your questions are answered in the manual and knowledge database. Without you and your system in front of us it is difficult to troubleshoot these types of issues. Anything that we believe is a problem with our product we look at very closely and fix immediately. None of the problems you have had are being reported by any of our other thousands of customers.

1. I sent you only 2 tickets and closed 1 of them myself.
2. 10s of your posts on RCG were related to my personality when I criticized your product.
3. Tell me the place where I can find those thousands of customers? This forum here and RCG has only 2-5 new posts per day. Where are they?
4. Don't see any point to answer your questions from the post above. It is a waste of time because you don't believe there is a problem with OSD.

Stacky

Bart and his moderators have done a great job to create a forum where its mostly professional respectful people helping each other out and sometimes debating issues in a pretty respectful manner. I have been guilty on rcgroups of letting myself down with comments I have made.

What I will say is that for me on a personal level HF have been tremendous and have done their best to try and improve, in the early days they had a tiger by the tail and its taken them a little while to get the tiger under control. However Al, George and the rest at HF, please keep going on the path you are on as things are really starting to fulfill the early promise shown.

Yesterday I shot a very simple and ultimately boring shot in very difficult winds and the HFP was perfect. The AH was superb and the new AL made the job much easier than it should have been.

I dont speak for anyone else but myself, but your support and the constant improvement have been nothing short of Brilliant. Its 18 months now since I bought my 1st HFP, its the single best thing I ever did when heading down this multirotor path.

Thanks.

mdjohnson

Bart and his moderators have done a great job to create a forum where its mostly professional respectful people helping each other out and sometimes debating issues in a pretty respectful manner. I have been guilty on rcgroups of letting myself down with comments I have made.

What I will say is that for me on a personal level HF have been tremendous and have done their best to try and improve, in the early days they had a tiger by the tail and its taken them a little while to get the tiger under control. However Al, George and the rest at HF, please keep going on the path you are on as things are really starting to fulfill the early promise shown.

Yesterday I shot a very simple and ultimately boring shot in very difficult winds and the HFP was perfect. The AH was superb and the new AL made the job much easier than it should have been.

I dont speak for anyone else but myself, but your support and the constant improvement have been nothing short of Brilliant. Its 18 months now since I bought my 1st HFP, its the single best thing I ever did when heading down this multirotor path.

Thanks.

I will heartily agree with you Stacky. I did have initial problems but they were problems of my own doing. Not setting up properly and not being precise enough while setting up was my biggest issue. Now I have it tuned HFP is rock solid. Granted I do not have a GPS (yet) but the way .802 is working I'm not sure if I really need one.

Ben and George et al.........I am one of the thousands that appreciate your support and efforts........please keep up the good work!!

Cheers

MJ

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
1. I sent you only 2 tickets and closed 1 of them myself.
2. 10s of your posts on RCG were related to my personality when I criticized your product.
3. Tell me the place where I can find those thousands of customers? This forum here and RCG has only 2-5 new posts per day. Where are they?
4. Don't see any point to answer your questions from the post above. It is a waste of time because you don't believe there is a problem with OSD.

Storm,

I posted somewhere that this stuff requires effort. Al has listed a number of suggestions and until you work through them it's difficult to take your other posts very seriously. If you go through the process of troubleshooting that has been recommended and you still have problems then please list your results and we'll continue to offer help.

Video streams don't generally appreciate being held in place with fingers. Of all the stuff I've had to figure out, the video connections gave me the most problems. I still have issues with my wireless video to this day and I've resorted to just throwing money at the problem, still it doesn't always work.

Good luck with it. Stay calm and we'll keep trying to get your problems worked out.

Bart

Bartman

i'm new to the OSD stuff. with HF, is it supposed to be as simple as just splicing the OSD stream into the camera wires going to the video Tx?

thanks,
Bart

StormRU

I am staying calm.... i like the AL and Manual mode no doubts ... But this thread is about OSD issues....

They do not believe that there is a problem with their OSD. If you read his post once again you can see him saying it is my goggles problem, camera problem or wrong VTX..... everything is wrong except HFP. And he will never believe me until THOUSANDS of grateful customers tell him there is a problem.

I have just installed 17 dollar OSD from hobbyking and it works like a charm! no compatibility issues, it accepts any camera and VTX, goggles, PAL, NTSC, SECAM or whatever, i don't have to make 10s of videos proving that something is wrong and think what may be out of sync. The brilliant support to me is when the company thinks of their customers BEFORE they create and sell something that work for sure !!! True plug&play product does not need any support at all. The plug&f..k one probably needs.. Sorry, but feel tired trying to make HFP work as advertised. Not to say that GPS stopped working for some reason as well ... no green or blue light anymore....only steady red (setup, weather conditions and place is the same as when it worked) .....

Bartman

i'll tell you what, I'll go plug my OSD into my old SOny television and let you know if I have any issues. I'm curious to see what comes up on the screen anyway.

my first stop is the HF Pro manual to see if there are any tricks to getting it up and running.

bart