Hoverfly OSD and YAW issues .802

StormRU

Take a look at the article you gave me a link to. [h=3]8. After removing the propellers from your multirotor, connect the the battery to your main power connector and turn on your Radio.[/h][h=3]9. Click the camera mount on check box. At this point your camera mount should become active.[/h]
Are you sure i have to arm board (motors ?) ??

Efliernz

Pete
My "arming" statement was only once you have gone through the gimbal setup procedure...

Turn on your tx
Plug in the battery to your multi.
After it goes through the initialization test beeps twice, the light should be flashing green.
Arm your copter so it beeps three times - only then will the servos be active on the mount.

If you are still working through the setup and get to step 9, did the board become active? The servos will not move until you move the sliders in the steps following step 9.

Do the servos move then?

StormRU

I solved half of the problem and found another half.

I couldn't get gimbal to work because i did my tests with tilt output which doesn't work.
Roll axis works fine, tilt doesn't work at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Do you have a RX channel connected to the tilt port input? If so? Does the servo commands from your transmitter get to the tilt servo?

StormRU

I tried to connect a cheap servo. Tilt output doesn't work as well. There is a 5v on power pin. But HFP does not send any commands.

Dont know if it is software or hardware issue.

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Well, I'm kind of out of ideas on this one. If you have double, triple checked all your connections, confirmed that your plugs are in the correct orientation and that you have digital servos, I think it's time to submit a help desk ticket.

StormRU

There is nothing to do with connections. 100% sure. Submited a ticket. Will see how they deal with it and will post the result here. Hope they can solve it. It is the second week my $6000 ship is standing aside being usless.

Photronix

Pilot
Instead of plugging the cheap servo into the Tilt output on the PRO plug it into the channel on the reciever that is connected to the AUX3 input on the PRO receiver port. Verify that you can move the servo with a knob or slider on the transmitter.

I figure if you are going to just post the results of the ticket here.....I will just answer you here instead. Save us both some time ehhh

StormRU

1. IF i plug cheap or expensive digital servo in roll output they work. None of them work in tilt output.
2. If I connect servo directly into reciever I can control it.
3. Souldn't tilt compentsation work without using AUX3?

P.S. We can dicuss it via your help desk if you feel more comfortable. I just wanted to let everyone who may have the same issue know the result.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Just to clarify, you're trying to use the Camera mount compensation on the HoverflyPro right?

Aux3 is required to get tilt to work. If it's not plugged into the tilt channel of the HoverflyPro the tilt compensation won't work correctly.

1. IF i plug cheap or expensive digital servo in roll output they work. None of them work in tilt output.
2. If I connect servo directly into reciever I can control it.
3. Souldn't tilt compentsation work without using AUX3?

P.S. We can dicuss it via your help desk if you feel more comfortable. I just wanted to let everyone who may have the same issue know the result.

StormRU

Just to clarify, you're trying to use the Camera mount compensation on the HoverflyPro right?

Aux3 is required to get tilt to work. If it's not plugged into the tilt channel of the HoverflyPro the tilt compensation won't work correctly.

Woow! It works now! The reason it didn't work because I disconnected AUX3 from HFP for my tests.

You have to make it CLEAR in the Manual that AUX3 MUST be connected to get tilt compensation to work!!
And it seemed very strange to m, because all boards I had never required me to connect TX channel to the board unless I wanted to control tilt from TX manually.

Stacky

Storm,
one thing that can trip you up with the tilt setup is that once you have it connected in the software check box you need to then set your multirotor on a tilt and then adjust the slider. If you try adjusting the slider when it is still level sometimes you wont see any movement.

StormRU

Ok! Now I can control tilt from TX, but automatic tilt compensation stopped working. what do i do wrong? Or may be it works some way i do not expect it to?

StormRU

Storm,
one thing that can trip you up with the tilt setup is that once you have it connected in the software check box you need to then set your multirotor on a tilt and then adjust the slider. If you try adjusting the slider when it is still level sometimes you wont see any movement.

Cinestar gimbal has built in potentiometers so it tries to centers itself automatically on both axis.

StormRU

Ok, i connected it and disconnected several times moved all sliders and it started to work at some point. Dont know what forced it to work. This is SOLVED!

OSD issue is the last one I have.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
For your OSD. I recommend disconnecting the camera, and viewing the OSD data with a monitor plugged directly into the HFP

Ok, i connected it and disconnected several times moved all sliders and it started to work at some point. Dont know what forced it to work. This is SOLVED!

OSD issue is the last one I have.