dji wookong datalink 393ft/120meters

Kilby

Going up is easy, it's bringing it back down that's the hardest part. I always feel like it's not coming back down fast enough. Data link helps that a lot.

VINHEX

Excellent just got all mine setup now, been running on simulator the past couple of nights going to try once the weather is good enough, Happy Days...

DaveM

Excellent just got all mine setup now, been running on simulator the past couple of nights going to try once the weather is good enough, Happy Days...

Did you manage to get the sim with the craft on the ground ?

I could fly on mine, but could not try the takeoff or landing on sim !

Tried mine for real twice last week out in a field and all worked as it should :)
Auto takeoff, CNG, and Go Home. On my second attempt at Go Home
after clicking home point and Go Home, the craft came back home and stayed hovering,
but the yellow/black cheveron was situated down the field on the map, unsure so I
clicked continue and it moved to the home point and decended.

I did find the laptop a nightmare to view in the UK summer sunshine that arrived
last week, so I was considering one of these.

Dave

View attachment 5482

Attachments

• think_tank_photo_pixel_sunscreen_2-336x278.jpg
    think_tank_photo_pixel_sunscreen_2-336x278.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

I did manged, to do this but had to setup altitude offset to make sure the start was at ground level, Must admit I'm popping it a little going to buy a long bit of string LOL. Have order Joystick as well want to see how this all fits together.

I have got a 3G Dongal that I use for internet connection. Are you downloading your maps and the going to the location or are you using the internet on location?

Vin

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveM

I did manged, to do this but had to setup altitude offset to make sure the start was at ground level, Must admit I'm popping it a little going to buy a long bit of string LOL. Have order Joystick as well want to see how this all fits together.

I have got a 3G Dongal that I use for internet connection. Are you downloading your maps and the going to the location or are you using the internet on location?

Vin

I did have a Three (3) Mi-Fi unit for connection, tried it offline after I had viewed the map on GCS but it
decided I was located somewhere in China :)

Closed GCS, went online and started Google earth and then found the location I was at, which I quess it
loads into a cache for future use. Closed google earth, dropped my internet connection and tried the GCS
offline again, and this time it worked OK, so if you preload where you are fying into google earth before
setting off, then I guess the internet should not be needed.

Dave

VINHEX

Cool, I will use my Three 3G as well. Just finding time with little wind to fly. Don't want it to be too windy for first flight as want to check out fully before with no yawing or tipping..

DaveM

I was very luck with virtually no wind for a whole week camping in a field
near Horsham. Gave me lots of time to try POI, GCS etc.

Dreamweaver

I was very luck with virtually no wind for a whole week camping in a field
near Horsham. Gave me lots of time to try POI, GCS etc.

Hey Dave,

To access the POI function i presume you must have either the 5 or 50 WP upgrade installed?

I only have the single and can't find it anywhere.

~Mike

DaveM

Hey Dave,

To access the POI function i presume you must have either the 5 or 50 WP upgrade installed?

I only have the single and can't find it anywhere.

~Mike

Hi Mike,

No just Click and Go installed.
I tried the POI manually, not through the GCS, it worked a treat :)

I suppose I could have just sent the craft to a location with CNG, exited
CNG and then recorded that spot as the POI, then pull back 5-500 metres
and switch POI on, and then circle around.

If I then use the flytrace I quess it would have shown this in the GCS

Dave

Dreamweaver

Oh ok...from the video demo on the dji site it looks like the gcs they used had a poi function.

I guess someone with the full software can answer if its in there or coming out in a future release.