Hello from Eugene, Oregon

LowFlier

(Well, actually I live about 15 miles west of Eugene, but I don't expect most people have heard of Eugene, let alone Veneta)

Hello, I'm Tim, and I'm hopelessly addicted.

I started in RC years ago with a Cox .049 powered dune buggy, but then nothing for 30 years. Then a couple years ago I got back into RCs, first with a Traxxas Revo 3.3, then an HPI Baja 5B (that I sunk nearly $8K into, omg) and a Losi 5ive-T. Not happy with just ground vehicles, I bought 3 small planes and a couple small flybar helis. Then I bought an mQX and got hooked on multirotors. I had wanted to do an FPV setup on a plane (and the Baja for that matter), but frankly I'm a better flyer with the quad and I'd rather go that route. I tend to jump in with both feet, so I'm struggling to hold myself back until I have figured out a good route to reach my goal.

I intend to buy a DJI F550 w/ Naza and GPS unit fairly soon, as it seems to be a decent choice for a newcomer. I'm still trying to figure out what TX to move to as my DX6i clearly won't do all I need any more. My final goal would be a reasonably steady FPV multirotor with dual cameras and a flying range of about 1/2 mile. The second camera would be set up for pan/tilt and would be for a 'passenger'. But that's down the road...

I have already found a load of useful info here. I suspect I'll be around for a while.

Last edited by a moderator: