Which motor mixer?

Chalagi

I have ordered a DJI Flamewheel F550 and looking over the setup assistent I see 6 different selections:
Quad rotor I
Quad rotor X
Hex rotor I
Hex rotor V
Hex rotor IY
Hex rotor Y
So which of the "Hex" rotors do I choose? Thinking maybe the "I"

Bison52

The HEX rotor Y configurations are for hexa's that are co-axial -that means they have three arms with 2 motors mounted on each arm. The IX configuration is for a hexa with one arm pointed straight forward on the centerline. The V configuration is for the centerline to split the middle between the two forward arms (the most common configuration)

Chalagi

Thanks Bison52 that sure cleared things up really well. My DJI F550 arrived in the mail today and I"m stuck at worl lol

Bison52

No prob. I'm still new enough to remember how confusing all the little things are that you start to take for granted when you get a little experience. I had to research to figure out what ESC meant and what a BEC was.

But then there's no telling how much knowledge I absorbed while researching all the little things though so there's value in not having it laid out for you.

Chalagi

Well I"m not new to the Rc model world but I am to the DJI hexa world. And looking at some to the setting sure got confusing in a hurry. The standard T-Rex heli's are not this comlicated