Dji point of interest

Kentjjl

Can someone explaine to me step by step how the point of interest works I have read the manual its no help.

You fly over or close to the item you are interested (say a car). You triger the feature. You fly away and the craft stays facing the car.
You can go up or down, left or right and the craft will always stay facing the POI.

Kentjjl

On my three position switch there's off,courses lock,poi. I would fly to en object and just move the switch to poi there's no toggling between switch position. Is this right.

mmurfitt

I'd be very interested in understanding this also.
Could you post any video of it working?
Does a camera even work with it? I guess it should, just got to keep camera pointed at the 'object' I suppose..

DLien

Here is what has worked for me.

You have to be in GPS mode at all times. This will not function in Attit. and Manual modes.

1. Set the POI by toggling between Course Lock and POI 4 to 6 times, I always end the switching in course lock. The LED will flash a series of quick green flashes that look like the flashes when the “Home point” is set.
  2. Fly away from the POI in Couse Lock or OFF.
  3. I hover for a moment and switch IOC to “Off” wait a second or 2 then switch directly to “POI”. The multi pivots the nose to POI and will maintain that focus until you go back to Course Lock.

T

trevlan

I have the spectrum dx8 I have switches set up for
"gps atti and manual"
Another one for
"fail safe"
And then two more for
"gain control "

Do I need more channels or how do I go about setting this up on my dx8???

stormizer

Here is what has worked for me.

You have to be in GPS mode at all times. This will not function in Attit. and Manual modes.

1. Set the POI by toggling between Course Lock and POI 4 to 6 times, I always end the switching in course lock. The LED will flash a series of quick green flashes that look like the flashes when the “Home point” is set.
  2. Fly away from the POI in Couse Lock or OFF.
  3. I hover for a moment and switch IOC to “Off” wait a second or 2 then switch directly to “POI”. The multi pivots the nose to POI and will maintain that focus until you go back to Course Lock.

Can this be done with OFF - POI - HL?
I dont particularly like course lock.