DJI and DX7

Chalagi

Been searching on youtube for a setup or two for the DJI and DX7 and it seems that everyone is using a DX8 or DX6i. So I guess I will just give it a shot and see what happens. Pst a link if you guys know of any for the DX7.

sixback

Been searching on youtube for a setup or two for the DJI and DX7 and it seems that everyone is using a DX8 or DX6i. So I guess I will just give it a shot and see what happens. Pst a link if you guys know of any for the DX7.

Just setup my DJI Naza with my DX7.

Helicopter Mode
1 Servo

Used Aux2 = U Channel = TX flightmode 3-way switch for [controller mode selection]
Currently use travel adjust to choose manual, atti and failsafe - When I get the gps option I'll just adjust my lower limit to gps-atti but for now have failsafe selected
Manual failsafe toggle helps when you setup auto failsafe. I can rebind the TX with throttle at 40% and flightmode toggle switch in failsafe. With a 7010 receiver throttle and switch settings are remembered.
Used Gear = X2 Channel = TX Aux2 2-way switch for IOC - Will need GPS option to make this functional though.
Not using remote gain adjustment

Chalagi

I can see already that the hexacopter isn't going to be nothing like a typical helicopter. And speaking of helicopters they have a "Soft" start at spool up before it gets light on the skids. What about the Hexa copter, does it work to same way or do I just jab it to the throttle a little harder than normal to get it into the air? Or do I just slowly get it up to speed like a helicopter?

sixback

I can see already that the hexacopter isn't going to be nothing like a typical helicopter. And speaking of helicopters they have a "Soft" start at spool up before it gets light on the skids. What about the Hexa copter, does it work to same way or do I just jab it to the throttle a little harder than normal to get it into the air? Or do I just slowly get it up to speed like a helicopter?

In the DJI assistant you have to pick your motor start speed (CSC) and intelligent cutoff. Their CSC recommended rpm setting seemed a little bit high to me so I knocked it down a bit.
I would assume that popping it up with authority would eliminate any unbalanced drift. I haven't yet taken my unit out for a spin. Like you I'm used to my trexs. This is all new to me too

Chalagi

Yea and being use to flying Trex heli's this thing has gotten me worried and very excited at the same time. From what I have seen in videos I can't wait to get out and try me hand at flying this hexa