Hexa Down, Quad Up!

Dewster

Some of you may know that my Hexa crashed after an expensive carbon fiber prop broke. Well after trekking for an hour in the woods and sifting the the debris I was able to pull my WKM from the ashes and rebuild a quad from the motors that were left. :) I am happy to say that it's flying like a dream. No issues. I am thankful. My Futaba receiver's plastic body came apart, but was also easily snapped back together again.

Anyway. I'm happy to be back up in the air, and I'm so happy that the WKM didn't suffer fatal damage. Even the GPS mount survived. I only have scuff marks on the GPS/Compass antenna.

Now... I will rebuild a Hexa. I'm thinking about a Y6 (hoping for redundancy) incase of another prop,engine,esc, bird strike etc. Any reasonable ideas for the budget minded?

My crash of the flat Hexa was pretty violent for a 5 pound craft. I was also thankful that my Sony Nex 5 wasn't on board at the time. Whew...

I am a happy owner of the WKM (5.02). I will update the firmware when it comes out since I'm flying with the F450 frame. I guess it's a good time to test the new updates (when it's released) before putting it on a more expensive frame.