Hello from DadHav in Akron Ohio

DadHav

Hello everyone. I've been flying R/C for for 50 years now. Ha, Anyone remember tubes in airplanes? I design and build my own brushless motors as well as some of the planes I fly. I have an interest in electronics and post YouTube videos of my motors, engines and electronic experiments. All are welcome. If you would like to see one of my motor building tutorials or any of the other projects you can find me here:http://www.youtube.com/user/DadHav
I have a Gaui 500x with a Naza control and as I can see it might be a while before I master the use of it. When I feel confident I have plans on building my own frames and minimizing expense while maximizing the flying fun. I'm looking forward to posting videos and hopefully bringing a few new ideas to the group.
Kindestes regards to all
John H.

DadHav

I lived in the Turney road area of Cleveland for 35 years. I used to build models for Pete Christ who owned the Hobby Hose up in Northfield or maybe it was Warensville. Thanks for looking into my red light question. Do you have any videos of the Multi-copter posted?
John

I only have a few flights experience with a DJI F550.
A defective charger send/return RMA#, and a typical DJI F550 Naza flip over while hovering has grounded me.
The new charger is great and I am eager to get some airtime after a few fixes.

baltiggle

Hi DadHav
I,m new to this forum too - and like you, old to flying (soloed January '44 in a Stearman) but my RC experience is sad and next to nil. Howsomeever, I'm dreaming a Y6. Dreams include a Naza. so my eye caught that "typical ...Naza flip" !!! Clue me in, please.

DadHav

Yep. I caught that to. I've read hours and hours and watched videos for days and thought once the Naza was in the air and hovering that nothing like that would happen without a prop malfunction or some other bad speed control or something. Of course a pilot mistake is always possible. Maybe Bart or TooMany would update us a little on that one. I had a conversion going on and put the Naza in a Gaui 500x and missed the fact that the Gaui control lists the motors in the opposite direction of the Naza and I hooked up and flipped. I clearly felt stupid for not testing before trying to lift off. I'm sure we'll have to move off the introduction page to continue but someone will advise us.
Take care Balt.
John