WooKong-M enhanced flight algorithm – Coming Soon !

jrlederer

i saw this about a week ago, but never thought much of it; thought it was just advertising gimmick. Now that someone else has made mention of it, i feel compelled to share my view which is this:

it better not be a different product nor a paid upgrade. Otherwise to the firing line with them!!

VINHEX

I agree, purchased mine about 3 weeks ago and this comes out, Are they turning into Apple Marketing.. Buy something don't let people know of the new release and bang your stuck with a inferior model.

Only time will tell..

Vin

plingboot

i don't think there's any reason to get panties in a bunch just yet :tennis:

as i doubt very much that this will be a paid upgrade, i think it's just DJI giving a head's up to let WKM users know that new 'improved' (?) code is in the pipeline - which is a good thing.

they could however have added a sentence letting existing WKM owners know it'll be free (if that's the case, just to prevent any pre-emptive worse case scenarios)

it'd be asking for a huge amount of forum rage and a total loss of user confidence and support if it's a paid for upgrade - especially with the S800 lark which is still unresolved.

It's not a paid upgrade, it's just the changes being done in the newest firmware. Everyone will have these options once the firmware is released, which will be released as of last week. Yes, last week has come and gone and we're still waiting.

ChrisViperM

Last week has not come yet...it will come next week...you just live faster than the rest of us :nevreness:

Must be my old age :02.47-tranquillity: One thing for sure, it won't be me that's the first to load and test the new firmware. My days of being a beta tester are over. I'll wait the extra month to see what the glitches are.....hopefully I won't be dead by then ;)

Dewster

Maybe this is the firmware update I've been waiting for. Hopefully it'll add some features like Zero UAV multirotor platform. :)

jes1111

Ha!Ha! I've just noticed that the product photos on the Zenmuse page feature a Zeiss 21mm Biogon - an "unsupported" lens :D

ChrisViperM

...no need for being a beta tester....I bet my brand new Zero UAV there will be enough eager volunteers out there....it's like with PC software. Everyone downloading updates, and then: Ooooops, now it's worse than before. But give it a chance.

Would be so cool if we all stand in a room together: Oh...look...WooKong update...hey, you try it...no, you try it first....what's about you...maybe later, gotta go to the toilet....but what's about him over there....comon, can't be that bad....so why don't you try it then....I did, but won't tell you.....

Maybe each one interested puts 10 $ in a pot, and the first one taking the risk will get the pot.....

Dewster

Can someone explain this (DJI website):

"Hot Spot circling flight in 5 meters diameter enhances AP performance"

Will this be Point of Interest circling? What about the head and tail wind feature? Will the WKM know when it's given forward flight command and compare that to it's GPS position to tell if it needs to adjust power to compensate for wind?

The stated features sound good to me. You can't blame DJI for trying to improve a product. I do think it's one of the more polished products on the market. It may not be the most sophisticated for the price with competitors on their doorstep. And free updates (fingers crossed) are a lot better than these software companies hitting you up every year with "new features" and wanting $30-$100 or asking for a paid subscription for updates.

Well...I received a free F450 frame when I bought my WKM. I'll use that for testing the new firmware. Give me my money. lol! :)

You are correct in regards to the first video. Your craft will circle a certain point in a 5 meter radius with gimbal always pointed at center of circle. As for the second video, not with this firmware from what I've been told. As long as gimbal jitters is addressed, I'll be a happy man.

DennyR

Ha!Ha! I've just noticed that the product photos on the Zenmuse page feature a Zeiss 21mm Biogon - an "unsupported" lens :D

I have tried a couple of other lenses and they all worked just fine. I would like to see how this does with a 730 at full optical zoom.

Jes I have to say that the saga of how they are dealing with the ESC **** up is simply a disgrace. First they announce that it is not a recall. It is a simple matter of sending the stuff back at your own expense and they will modify it FOC just for those who would like a little peace of mind, or are so desperate to get the thing back in the air to try and recover some of the investement they are also welcome to attempt surface mount modifications on the kitchen table. I wonder how many dealers are actually capable of doing that work reliably.

I chose another option, I changed the ESC's for Suppo motor 50A which have a vast number of cool running options and work really well on a S800. The cost of that ESC in the trade is about 10% of the cost of a DJI replacement. It is amazing how deafness and poor English becomes epidemic in China when you ask a question they don't want to hear. Those who crashed and reported the failure are known as THE NOISY.

ChrisViperM

I chose another option, I changed the ESC's for Suppo motor 50A which have a vast number of cool running options and work really well on a S800. The cost of that ESC in the trade is about 10% of the cost of a DJI replacement. It is amazing how deafness and poor English becomes epidemic in China when you ask a question they don't want to hear. Those who crashed and reported the failure are known as THE NOISY.

Do you have any experience with the Suppo motor ESC's....would be glad to hear about

jes1111

"Hot Spot circling flight in 5 meters diameter enhances AP performance" might be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9lQObvYTw (but no Gimbal Gyro in this vid)

I wonder if the update can also do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAv_oFUUjAA&feature=related - don't be bothered by this guy's voice

The best part is...it's mounted on a F550 flame wheel....

Off topic but... that second video leads to a website called onlyflyingmachines.com - which makes one of the dumbest mistakes that a shop site can make: where the f*** is it? China? Singapore, Greenland? And the prices - "$": is that US dollars, Canadian, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australian, etc.? Sheesh!

jes1111

I have tried a couple of other lenses and they all worked just fine. I would like to see how this does with a 730 at full optical zoom.

Jes I have to say that the saga of how they are dealing with the ESC **** up is simply a disgrace. First they announce that it is not a recall. It is a simple matter of sending the stuff back at your own expense and they will modify it FOC just for those who would like a little peace of mind, or are so desperate to get the thing back in the air to try and recover some of the investement they are also welcome to attempt surface mount modifications on the kitchen table. I wonder how many dealers are actually capable of doing that work reliably.

Agreed - "the DJI disaster" should be in the curriculum of business schools as an object lesson ;)

ChrisViperM

Off topic but... that second video leads to a website called onlyflyingmachines.com - which makes one of the dumbest mistakes that a shop site can make: where the f*** is it? China? Singapore, Greenland? And the prices - "$": is that US dollars, Canadian, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australian, etc.? Sheesh!

I have chosen this video because I follow that guy for some time because of his single rotor reviews. For more info about the product in the video look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649145 (there you also find suppliers listed somewhere) I got mine from this guy: www.rc-innovations.es from Spain - I live in Austria...ordered on Thursday and will get it on Monday