F450 Newbie Questions

sync32

Hi all,

I've recently got into quadrotor flying (or more accurately quadrotor kit building!) by way of a DJI F450 Naza kit. The instructions were a little... thin... in places, but I seem to be getting there with the help of Google, and it's all part of the fun. I've just got a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys will be able to give me some pointers on.

First off, the radio receiver I have is a Spektrum AR6210, but the wires that came with the Naza have the wrong type of connector to fit this. Can I buy the correct connecting leads somewhere, or if not can you tell me the names of the type of connector at each end and I can buy the parts and make my own?

Next question, the ESC's have three connecting wires into the motors. The ESC ends are labeled with letters, but the motor end doesn't seem to have any distinctive markings. Which wire goes where? :)

That's all for now, thanks in advance!
Thomas

tstrike

pendejo grande
Hi Thomas, for the connectors you can sand, file, grind, clip, cut the little tab off, just don't sand, file, grind, clip or cut to deep as to expose the wires.
As far as the 3 esc plugs, it doesn't matter which plug goes to which plug, if the direction of the motor is wrong, simply unplug TWO of the wires and reverse them (doesn't matter what 2). Have fun!
tom

Last edited by a moderator:

sync32

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I'm now sat with everything wired up and powered up for the first time, that LED is *bright*!
Time to plug it in to the computer :)

Thanks again,
Thomas

Dreamweaver

Use a pair of wire cutters to take that little tab off.

The middle motor wire should go in to U on the esc....the other two determine the direction.

Have fun....Mike