Hoverfly Hoverfly Pro and Cinestar 6 Airframe

Hi Guys,

I just received some new really cool Kit on the weekend. 1 x Cinestar 6 including 360 Gimbal. I've been assembling it and I must say it is a really great piece of equipment.

I need some information, I've noticed that there are some people in the community who are flying the same setup, what I would like to know is how you got around the fact that the Hoverfly Pro board can not be mounted underneath the battery tray, also there are no securing holes for it, the latter is not a big problem as I can easily make an adapter plate.

If anybody out there has some information they are willing to share then I would really appreciate it.

Andre

Hi thanks for the replies, I've attached two photo's which shows that the hoverfly boards are clearly too wide to fit under the battery tray on the cinestar 6. I'll need to put some thought into it to figure out how I can get around this..

View attachment 4760View attachment 4761

Benjamin, can you please send me the exact link to the page where the adapter plate is that you are referring to, I scratched around on the website but I could not find it.

Attachments

• P1000085.jpg
    P1000085.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 315
  • P1000086.jpg
    P1000086.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 399

Raising the board isn't the problem unfortunately. The space between the standoffs isn't wide enough for the board... any other thoughts?

Oh, now upon looking at your picture closer, I see the problem. The battery plate on the 6 is different from the 8. If I think of a solution, I'll let you know.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for the feedback, I've actually thought of a solution just waiting for some parts I'm getting cut. Once all assembled I will send a picture.

Hi StormRU,

I had a couple of ideas but I finally settled on what I think is the simplest option (will take pictures tomorrow and post here), I simply connected the battery trays together in such a way that I could remove the 4 centre stand-offs used to secure the battery tray in the middle. I used a piece of 2mm Carbon Fibre plate to join the two halves with 4 fastners and the one piece tray is more than stiff enough to support the batteries. I'm planning on having a one piece unit made in the very near future.

I hope this explanation helps, if not the pictures I'll post tomorrow will clearly show what I mean.

Regards,

Andre

StormRU

I have just found very easy and elegant solution.

Hope you like it!

View attachment 5426 View attachment 5427 View attachment 5428 View attachment 5429

1. DIY a plastic plate which will hold you HFP.
2. You will need 12 standard male-female Xaircraft stand-offs. You put them in standard places instead of long battery stands. Use cinestar metal antivibration stand-offs under 4 Xaircraft ones in the place where MK controller should me mounted.
This will make controller plastic plate you have made to stand higher above battery plates.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited by a moderator:

StormRU

Did many test flights today trying to make my cinestar gimbal to work smoothly. Seems like I have got tilt compensation set to be ok.
But I get jerky movements from roll servo. I tried to lower roll advance speed to 450 but it doesn't help. Any ideas, guys?

I dont get any jerky movements or jitters from roll servo while bench testing. It compensates and moves smoothly if i lift one side of the ship or another. It behaves strange in flight only while the ship stays hovers perfectly well in the air at the same time.

Looks like HFP sends some strange commands to the gimbal.. don't know why it happens.
The gimbal is balanced according to manufacturer's video tutorial.

Did many test flights today trying to make my cinestar gimbal to work smoothly. Seems like I have got tilt compensation set to be ok.
But I get jerky movements from roll servo. I tried to lower roll advance speed to 450 but it doesn't help. Any ideas, guys?

I dont get any jerky movements or jitters from roll servo while bench testing. It compensates and moves smoothly if i lift one side of the ship or another. It behaves strange in flight only while the ship stays hovers perfectly well in the air at the same time.

Looks like HFP sends some strange commands to the gimbal.. don't know why it happens.
The gimbal is balanced according to manufacturer's video tutorial.

Try raising the center of gravity of that axis. You do this by raising the forward arms of the gimbal. Ideally, you can take off the belt on the roll axis and move that axis with your hands and it will stop at any point you move it to (the center of gravity is lined up with the axis of movement). Hope that makes sense.

StormRU

I have balanced the gimbal with belts removed.
And... why does it happens in flight only? I tried to shoot the video on the ground waving the ship all the way around. The footage was ok.

Hi StormRU,

Where is your hoverfly gimbal board mounted? If it is mounted in such a way that it moves with the roll axis then it could potentially be your problem.

Have a look at this article on the Hoverfly Support site showing where best to mount the Gimbal control board.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Andre

StormRU

Hi, Andre!

I do not use HoverflyGimbal. I use HoverflyPro to drive my gimbal.

I will try to rebalance me camera on roll axis once again.

Thanks!