What Tx are you using with your Naza GPS?

pwarea3

Just what to see what Tx and Rx combo people are using with their new Naza GPS units? Right now I have a DX6i but no GPS. Will i need to upgrade Tx if I want to use the GPS for the Naza?
Any insight appreciated.

Thanks

DX8 and you don't have to upgrade if you read close you can use the two switch combo and just have gps atti and atti with no manual selection. My Rx is a AR8000 because it supports failsafe!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just what to see what Tx and Rx combo people are using with their new Naza GPS units? Right now I have a DX6i but no GPS. Will i need to upgrade Tx if I want to use the GPS for the Naza?
Any insight appreciated.

Thanks

I'm using an AR8000 on my F330 FPV quad with GPS and an AR7000 on my F450 FPV quad. If you want RTH to work properly you will need a receiver that sets failsafe on all channels, not just the throttle channel, that eliminates pretty much everything below a 7000 series with data capability. I had 6000 series on both quads prior to adding GPS, the main reason I installed the GPS was for RTH on loss of signal to the RX while flying FPV, to make it work I had to upgrade the RX on both. My radio is a JR 11X, so not sure if the 7000 series will work correctly with your 6i.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
DX8 and you don't have to upgrade if you read close you can use the two switch combo and just have gps atti and atti with no manual selection. My Rx is a AR8000 because it supports failsafe!

You will still need to be able to toggle between manual and GPS mode to do the compass calibration. You can set the endpoints on the switch channel to do that and then change them to just ATTI and GPS but it's a lot easier if you have a 3 position switch or two available especially if you want to use IOC and Home lock functions.

Ken

You will still need to be able to toggle between manual and GPS mode to do the compass calibration. You can set the endpoints on the switch channel to do that and then change them to just ATTI and GPS but it's a lot easier if you have a 3 position switch or two available especially if you want to use IOC and Home lock functions.

Ken

Ahh yeah ken is correct forgot about that!

pwarea3

Thanks for all the responses! What a wealth of knowledge. You all rock!

So just to clarify, I will need a Tx with 2 three position switches on it to utilize all the capabilities of the Naza GPS?

Thanks again for the insight...

chipwich

Using a DX7s and AR8000 combo. Works very well, but yes a second 3 position switch would simplify things.

Thanks for all the responses! What a wealth of knowledge. You all rock!

So just to clarify, I will need a Tx with 2 three position switches on it to utilize all the capabilities of the Naza GPS?

Thanks again for the insight...

Yes

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

r4nd0m

Hi all,

First post here :)

I'm looking to buy a DJI F450 and use a DX8 with AR8000. I've seen various boxed packages for the DX8 for sale here in the UK. Some come with a telemetry module in the box, is this required?

This is the website for one of my local shops listing the various DX8 packages, not sure which one I need:
http://www.inwoodmodels.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dx8&x=0&y=0

Thanks

only if you want to see like battery voltage and a few other parameters really, which require sensors as well - you are fine to go with the regular DX8 for £179 at Inwoods ... also my supplier of choice for the DX8 when I got it ...

mpilot

only if you want to see like battery voltage and a few other parameters really, which require sensors as well - you are fine to go with the regular DX8 for £179 at Inwoods ... also my supplier of choice for the DX8 when I got it ...

:nevreness: Thanks

cappy2449

hi anyone have the jr11x that would share their tx settings with me..i have the f450 w/naza and gps...the last time i flew the quad suddenly shot up into the sky...that was with a dx6i and no gps...robert from dji has repaired it and has no idea what could have caused that to happen...i don't want to take any chances setting it up wrong this time and the tx is new to me...any help is appreciated..everything is stock right now..thanks