Hoverfly HF GPS setup questions

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

I'm mounting my GPS unit tonight and I've got a few questions. Any help would be appreciated.

When you get the three-position switch set up, I understand that the top position should be off, and the middle position should be position hold but in the come-home position should the position hold box also be checked along with the come home box in the set-up client?

When doing the calibrations after installing the GPS, is the USB cable to be plugged into the GPS board or Pro board for the temperature compensation test? The .pdf guide makes it sound as if the USB should be plugged into the GPS board but I'm not getting any results with the temp comp test that way.

That's as far as I've been able to get. If it can be sorted out tonight it'll all be flown in the morning. With four days of rain forecasted I doubt I'll get much farther this week.

THanks,
Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Bart, you didnt get the memo? Everyone sold their heli's yesterday and moved over to Rcgroups to talk about their new rc trucks. :)

I guess not that many people have the HFP boards on here. Can you get an answer direct from HoverFly? That was part of the idea in going with them right?

Bartman

I haven't tried going direct to HoverFly. This forum area has been fairly active so I thought I'd post the question here so that it becomes searchable content for future users.

The XY8 I'm flying with the HF board is doing very well and will be getting a new video Tx this week and joining me on pay jobs. The camera controller is very nice.

Bart

elossam

Right, both boxes ph and rth checked at rth. Temp compensatiin is refered to the first processor (switch in position 1) of the flying board not the gps one as it corrects temp deviation of accelerometers which are placed in the base board.

Photronix

Pilot
The USB cable should be connected to the PRO position 1 when doing all calibrations.

Yes I believe you will see PH and RTH checked with the three position switch is moved to RTH.

Photronix

Pilot
The USB cable should be connected to the PRO position 1 when doing all calibrations.

Yes I believe you will see PH and RTH checked with the three position switch is moved to RTH.

Correction---> The Accel and Temp calibs are done with the PRO and the compass is done with the GPS board.

Bartman

Thanks for the clarification Al. If you read the GPS manual it sounds as if the USB cable is to be plugged into the GPS board when starting the temperature callibration.

Also, when starting the setup utility and plugging the USB cable into the PRo board is there a sequence or specific timing that needs to be respected as to when how things are done? It seems that the setup utility needs to be opened......pause to let it get fully set up........plug the Pro board in........pause to let it go through its routine before getting the blinking purple LED......then click Connect

Is it normal to have to re-click connect with each page of the setup utility?

Thanks,
Bart