Can someone please design this?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an LED controller that can power up to four LED strings using signals from up to two servo inputs. The four output channels should be configurable in software so that the lights will do different things depending on what the controller is getting from the two servo inputs.
The whole package should also be capable of monitoring main flight power voltage so that all the lights can be made to blink in a wild panic when voltage drops below some level that is also set up in the software.
Size should be minimal with a couple of holes in the board for quick ties or M3 hardware.

Simple enough, who's up for it?

Availability in the 2nd half of May would be a bonus... :)

Mactadpole

Hey Bart,

This would be sweet! But I must say that with the MK FC and Graupner MX-20 the voice telemetry is awesome. I have mine setup so that she gives me some information every 5 secs (you can set the time of repeat) and with the flick of a switch I can change to the next data point. For example, I turn on the voice telemetry switch and she will give me the current altitude every five seconds, I flick another switch and then she changes to the voltage reading every five seconds. I can turn off the second switch and she will just scroll through all the data I have setup that I want to hear.

I know the LED solution is more universal and would be very nice to have. Just wanted to back you up on a good idea and point another great solution with MK.

Shawn

Kilby

I was just going to say, Arduino is the way to do it. One of the developers in my office has been working with custom LED installations based on Arduino. His basement looks like a Pink Floyd laser show.

-Terry

Bartman

I was just going to say, Arduino is the way to do it. One of the developers in my office has been working with custom LED installations based on Arduino. His basement looks like a Pink Floyd laser show.

-Terry

when can he have one ready by?

Bartman

i'm not sure I understand how these work.....are they programmable to do stuff once you apply power? Every three have their own chip for programming?

thanks,
bart

Pete80

i'm not sure I understand how these work.....are they programmable to do stuff once you apply power? Every three have their own chip for programming?

thanks,
bart

This one looks like it just has presets, you can get programmable ones though... they are 3 led segments meaning you can have multiples of 3 in a string 3,6,9... 300 you can cut them every 3. If you search for "dream color led" in Google you will get lots of info. I think they even have RF controlled units too.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=ysb8-IgF6Xs&v=ysb8-IgF6Xs&gl=CA

Pete
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2