XAircraft New xAircraft TagV6 Multicopter

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what's the point of showing a video of the helicopter flying with the listed camera but no footage from the camera? just to show it can carry it?

repute

Agree

Well its a preview video its not yet made public by xAircraft as far as i know of. I also can't wait on the video from the onboard cam!

jes1111

The V layout is patented (comprehensively) by Ascending Technologies - and I suspect they'll defend it aggressively. So even if they can't shut down production in China they'll undoubtedly jump on anyone who sets up as a dealer and probably also anyone who tries to use one commercially.

repute

The V layout is patented (comprehensively) by Ascending Technologies - and I suspect they'll defend it aggressively. So even if they can't shut down production in China they'll undoubtedly jump on anyone who sets up as a dealer and probably also anyone who tries to use one commercially.

Okay this one will be interesting then!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It is pretty cool how it folds down. This is why i would never bother patenting anything like this. I think there is an international understanding that you can't copy someone else's patents UNLESS you are Chinese. they are somehow void from any of these laws, copyrights, patents or morals. Just make it as cheaply as possible and spit them out in the countries that invented it before anyone else can profit from it.

jes1111

I agree it is an interesting machine - from the point of view of the physical frame layout it is pretty close to "ideal" (which is why Asctec patented it, I guess): it presents the minimum possible side surface area for the wind to disturb it and has the best possible moments of inertia (when carrying a heavy camera) for improved responsiveness. Who knows how well it will work with XAircraft electronics - their performance so far has been (I gather) "unspectacular".

I wouldn't like to be an XAircraft dealer right now, that's for sure! This could be a poisoned apple!