Hoverfly

Jeffem62

Just a small rant
After months of researching and talking with different vendors I decided on a modest set up to get into AP to augment my photography business. So I've made my purchase and waiting on the build when I get a follow- up call from Hoverfly. I thank them for the call and honestly tell them I went with another vendor. When I tell them who they say "ohhh Hobby Grade, when you want to upgrade call us".

Well Hoverfly I just spent over $4500 and really don't aprreciate you knocking the product. I went with what I could afford and what I thought was the best value for the money.

You can be sure I will not be calling you when I do want to upgrade.

Jeff Michel
Altitudevideo.com

Jeffem62

So far everything has cost me $4500.
DJI F450 with Naza. Purchased this to learn how to fly and do small ap with go pro
DJI F550 with Wookong with Gimble and Landing Gear, built by Tony with RC-Drones
DX8 Radio
Turnigy Batteries
I charger and power supply
Hard cases for travel
Tools and misc stuff to work on the craft.

For me i hope it works out. Just getting into a new market with my business which has the potential for a big payoff. Is it the best stuff out there? No way, but it's gets me flying doing basic work to see if I can make it work. And if I destroy parts of either craft I'm not out over $10,000 for what Hoverfly wanted. Will I upgrade later, sure. But I would never go around knocking others product by saying it is just hobby grade material.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
don't take it personal. Its not a cool move but at the moment they are all nervous. More products coming on the market, getting rougher so you get nervous about the competitors and than statements like that happen. Personally i think you took the right approach start cheap and simple and progress. You personally know best what you need and can achieve your tasks with. Price wise a Naza might be hobby grade but a WKM certainly is not. Some FC manafactures would be very happy if they would have a similar algorithm for the GPS & Alt hold, resulting in auto take off and out landing = fail safe etc :)

Boris

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
For Hoverfly to call DJI's WKM hobby grade is nothing but wrong. I am actually looking forward to seeing if Hoverfly can comete with DJI. They have many things going for them right now but I am not sure if they will turn out to be any different than the others. To compete AND beat DJI/MK, hoverfly is going to have to prove their GPS, wind authority and gimbal control. They will also have to show that it's most stable setups are flying in attitude mode and not manual flying. And to add, in attitude mode it needs to be able to penetrate the wind. If they can do this they will be titled king and make tons of money. but for now, DJI is taking the lead even with their frustrating gain/CG settings and lack of customer service. At least Hoverfly will answer their phone though. C'mon HF you can do it! We have faith in you.

Stacky

Hoverfly didnt call the WKM hobby grade. The OP has created the same thread on another forum and mentioned it was a DJI NAZA. Hoverfly shouldnt have made the comment in the first place.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it wasn't very nice to say. i'd expect anyone with any kind of sizable operation in this market to be above that. having said that, and since IrisAerial mentioned the HF vs. DJI scneario, I'm actually having good results with HF so far. granted I'm still in the beginning stages with Hoverfly but I've found the board to be of very high quality and the performance of the flight control to be very solid. The recent find of a tutorial regarding setting up the Auto-level feature should help it do even better. and this is on my XY frame with asymmetrical motor placement.

hoverben

Person of Interest
Hi Jeffem62,

I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you received from the sales staff. Please accept my sincere apology for this comment.

If you remember who you spoke with, please feel free to PM me so that I can address this. I would also be happy to hear any other feedback you may have on the process.

Jeffem62

The Hoeverfly staff was informative when I first starting to do my research. Aaron even called me back while traveling to Vegas for the show. Answered all my questions and passed me along to another rep who was also very helpful. Not sure of the name of the rep who called me yesterday. Thank you for your response.