DJI F550 which replacement props?

Himhoe

I just recently broke a 10" DJI prop in flight and was thinking it was probably from the 15+ MPH winds and the flimsy propellers. What props will fit the DJI motors? They have the 2 flat spots on the motor shaft.

RCNut

The graupners are becoming the standard replacement for DJI props. They're very efficient and well balanced and they drop right onto the motor shaft. They're also much stiffer than the DJI 10" props so you'll find your F550 will feel much more stable with them. The only downside is they're expensive - but theyre worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella7821

I have the 10" Graupners and they are great. I've broken 2 stock props on the blade close to the hub just from hovering and never abused.
I don't trust the stock props anymore, especially since I'm now going to try and carry my new Sony Nex5n.

Kaleidos

I'm looking for the correct graupner props for replacement but which graupner do I get they have lots, and I'm a newb.

Tahoe Ed

I am running 8" Graupners. I got an inexpensive drill press and a step drill from Harbor Freight and bored them out to 8mm. They work great but they are expensive.

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
I think 10in with 4s is a little too much for the stock motor. Probably be ok if you're not carrying payload and want aggressive power.

Bella7821

my DJI F550 had 10" stock and now 10" Graupners and had it both loaded up with FPV gear, landing gear and gimbal, and just with the FPV gear and it flies just fine on my 4s batteries.
My stock DJI motors only get warm

I had tried 9" graupners on my F550 w/ xaircraft gimbal and landing gear, wouldn't hover at midstick on 4s, my 450 9" on 4s and its nice and fast, i fly it in atti because manual is stupid fast lol

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Billzilla

I put some Graupner 10 x 5's on my F550 and flew it for the first time yesterday. It flew pretty much the same (in my very limited experience) in that the control response seemed to be much the same and it hovered with the same power settings .... 50%. It also seemed to be a bit quieter but the biggest difference was that I think I'm getting a longer flight time. The lipo is new so it may be getting better with the first few charges but the first couple of flights (DJI 10" props) I was getting just over five minutes, yesterday (Graupners) I was manoeuvring quite a bit more than the previous flights but I got a bit over seven minutes easily.
All done with a 4S 3300 mah battery.

mailman35

when i went from stock to the graupners 10's the quad seemed to fly more like it did with the 8's, more responsive, etc.
im also running an f450 with 2814 motors, and its alot quieter then the stock dji's higher speed, etc.
also part of the hovering at midstick, for me it had more to do with verifying that in the software when the throttle was at midstick, the software said the same.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Yes, I switched over from DJI 10" to Graupner 10". This is on a F550 with the Av130 (soon to have the RSGS I'll pick up at NAB next week). With the Graupners its much quieter, smoother and the DJI motors come down cold to the touch. I had no issues with the DJI 10" props besides the motors seemed to run a little warm. Not burning hot.

My auw with 4s 5000mah Turnigy pack is 5lbs 2oz (2325g). I get a solid 10mins and still have 20-25% left in the packs.
With the Sony NEX5n I was around 5lb 14oz (2665g). I'll do some flight test today with that and check duration. If I get anytime to fly instead working.
View attachment 3837
The simple isolator mount works amazing. As far as High Freq vibrations, they are gone and I'm very pleased with it.
I think this combo or Gary's GP mount are the way to go.
This pic is a couple weeks old. We have made some tweaks to since.

Attachments

• F550Av130.jpg
    F550Av130.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 460